weepete

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.petecrawford.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
On our trip up to Wester Ross we had hoped to see some dragonflies and were not dissapointed, with a female common hawker actually landing on my Mrs' glasses (I did remind her she wanted to see dragonflies close up!) and numerous golden ringed dragonflies about this one let me get very close when it had landed.

Dragon of Wester Ross 1 by wee_pete, on Flickr

Dragon of Wester Ross 2 by wee_pete, on Flickr

Very nice shots! I've not seen a black and yellow striped DF before. :encouragement:

I've only caught one once while airborne and it was quite boring compared to your subject. I would like to figure out how to capture them in flight. They are so elusive. Fascinating creatures.

Nice shots. I like the framing of the 2nd with nice BG separation

Very nice shots.

Nice pics! Cool black & yellow, it reminds me of one of the greatest motorcycles ever! Kenny Roberts 1975 Indy Mile winning Yamaha TZ750.

634163611864467282Roberts.jpg

I think this is my first time seeing a black and yellow one too. Nice!

Thanks Dean! they are quite common here we saw 15 or so on our weekend one common hawker and a couple of other species that we couldn't identify as they were too fast to get a good look. A few red damselflies too which were great to see as I've only seen blue ones.

Nice shots. I like the framing of the 2nd with nice BG separation

Thanks zulu42! I agree though the stray leaf annoys me. On reflection I should have turned on OS and dropped my shutter speed to lower the ISO as well as taking a few more wide open. Especially as this one was so tolerant of our presence. Hindsight is 20/20 though!

Very nice shots.

Thanks PJM!

Nice pics! Cool black & yellow, it reminds me of one of the greatest motorcycles ever! Kenny Roberts 1975 Indy Mile winning Yamaha TZ750.

Thanks K9Kirk! I can see why that reminds you, the stripes are very similar!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back