Dragonfly

plastii

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi there.

My latest shoot of a drogonfly I took few days ago. It was the only one I found during my morning trip to a pond. C&C welcome.

Marek.

_DSC0404.jpg

Wondeful sharp focus, and the colours really 'pop'

Isn't it a Damselfly if the wings fold back though? Don't think true Dragonfly's can do that? Or maybe I'm talking scribble again...

Having been recently taking photos of Dragonfly's I really appreciate this photo - nice one!

Thanks for the comments guys.

PaddyX21 - It is a dragonfly, but that one was pretty small - no more than 2" long.

Love the clairity and detail! And yeah, I always wonder how they see in front of themselves. Maybe their eyeballs rotate when they are in flight.

The science nerd in me is coming out. Animals with eyes like that don't see the same way we do. We have what's called binocular vision, it allows us to percieve depth. Most predatory animals have that. Animals like the damsel fly, percieve depth by movement. Something close to them moves faster than something far away. Kind of like a mountain in the distance in relation to a telephone pole by the road. The eyes on the side of the head give them a bigger field of view, almost a full 180 degrees with each eye. Making it easier to see a predator coming up behind em.

Donno what else to add, I like it except for the missing tail. but I don't know how to reconcile that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back