Reaction score
Website
www.ghostconnections.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First post for a while (years!)

Couple of dragonfly photos taken at Elmley Nature reserve on the Isle of Sheppy

Taken on my old Sony Ericcson phone!

All comments and critique are welcomed and encouraged!

Cheers
P

DragonflyRed8x6.jpg

DragonflyYellow6x8edited.jpg

Thanks for commenting!
I agree the composition of the Green/Yellow Dragonfly photo is much better, but I'm still not happy with it (as always)

The camera phones are capable of taking nice pics, but for this kind of detail you have to get so close that you'll scare 99.9% of critters away! Still I like a challenge!
Also with no weight they are very hard to hold steady!

Anyone have any advice on cropping these for better composition?

Cheers
P

i want this phone. i've always wanted to show up at a wedding and whip out a camera phone and start shooting the day. with this phone i could actually take some shots. of course i'd have to explain myself and hopefully have a laugh with the people then shoot their wedding properly, but i love that someone took some good pictures without a DSLR. power to raw skill!!

This is now a seriously old phone - Sony Ericcson K800i
I have the updated / current version (SE C905) but I find that with 8.1MP packed onto a tiny sensor that it can only match the older K800i (3.2MP) in certain situations.
It does allow slightly more funcionality than most camera phones, but you are still pretty limited!

I thank you for the compliment - not sure that skill is quite how I would describe it lol! Persistance and luck have much to do with it!

At the end of the day much of photography for me is about seeing the image before you've started shooting, and then trying to capture that!

Cheers
P

Most reactions

Back