Dream Interpretation

ok, adopted grim sister...

i got you one...my father passed away 6 years ago...he is in almost every dream i have, and he is always behind his desk..( like i almost always had seen him...) and if he has nothing pertient to add to the dream, he reminds me taxes are coming up, or dont forget this thing or that thing...
it can be a dream in the middle of a castle, and as i am flying down the corridor to my prince charming who is steadily hacking away at a dragon or some such thing, trying desperately to free me...( i know.. tmi..)
i will go around a corner, and in an alcove in the castle, sits daddy behind his desk... light on the desk... and just for effect, a coat of arms is usually behind him on the wall....and he just says, hey baby...then he tells me things i need to take care of..and so forth...and i go help fight the dragon...

the latest was, i dreamed i was packing the son's stuff in his room, after he had left to join the armed forces... and i walked thru a door in his closet, and it led to my fathers office... and he was packing his stuff up, and said, hi baby, dont mind me, i am leaving now..i said, where are you going?? he said, with caleb... i'm always with him.....

ok, i get that one, i needed to think someone would watch over him....

but what does it say about dreaming about people over and over... why do we do it??? i also have a recurring dream...about my brother gone on...does it say anything about recurring dreams..??

did i say thank you???

sorry i wrote a novel.... trying to give back ground to my dr. sister grim...!!

I think the interpretation of this one is simple so I'll give you my take on it. You obviously have a close relationship with your father and your comfort (portrayed in your dream) is to have him with you always. As you mentioned, you are comforted to know your father is with your son. Your father was (is) obviously a special person and I'm glad to say I feel he is still there for you! :hug::

Daniel said:
I don't dream.
[scientific input] yes you do.
Everyone has dreams every night if they sleep long enough to reach the phase of "paradoxal sleep". It's just that most of the time you don't remember the dreams you had.
oh, and everybody dreams in b&w 99% of the time... the impression of color is given by the subconscious memery that this or that object has a given color. like if you dream of your red sofa, it's not red in your dream but since it's intrinsically linked to red in your brain, you'll remember dreaming it red. [/scientific input.]

i don't believe that dreams can really forecast stuff, but i believe them to be a reasonnably good way of analysing one's psychology... but not in a freudian kinda way. :D

you know, alex... this is one of those things that drive me nuts..

how does anyone else know if you dream in color...??? i mean, they cant see what you see.. and i swear by all thats holy, yes my dreams are color...

i know your in school still and taught to follow what they say, i just always think outside the box...

another weird thing for you..how do you know if the color you call red is red to me...maybe i was told it was red my whole life, but there is no way to really know ...thats why some people like purple and orange to gether...they see black and white... and call it orange and purple...

i dont know... i told you, out there looking in... just dont accept things just because you have been told it.... look around... see if it all makes sense to you...

oh, and calliope, your answer almost made me cry... thank you!!!

aprilraven said:
how does anyone else know if you dream in color...??? i mean, they cant see what you see.. and i swear by all thats holy, yes my dreams are color...

Oh my god, I was thinking this exactly!

aprilraven said:
another weird thing for you..how do you know if the color you call red is red to me...maybe i was told it was red my whole life, but there is no way to really know ...thats why some people like purple and orange to gether...they see black and white... and call it orange and purple...

jonmikal and I have had this conversation many times!

aprilraven said:
oh, and calliope, your answer almost made me cry... thank you!!!

:blushing: That's what I'm here for!

Alexandra, I love science and would love to know the proof they have for that statement. I'm a big "prove it to me" person! :mrgreen: I agree, dreams are a good asset to figure a person's psyche!

as i said, that was just the scientific input...
I clearly much prefer the spiritual side about dreams, plus i barely know anything more on the science side....

how do you know if the color you call red is red to me...maybe i was told it was red my whole life, but there is no way to really know
Funny you say that... i've been wondering about this for a veeeeery long time.
What i'm asking myself is: maybe the colors we see are just due to the way our eyes interpret it and actually red might be purple and black might be yellow...

actually, as far as i can remember my childhood, my father always told me to question everything and to never admit things as granted facts... And i don't. i always question everything. or almost...
it's just that here, i don't know much myself so the best i can do is keep a reasonnable doubt ;)

Calliope said:
Alexandra, I love science and would love to know the proof they have for that statement. I'm a big "prove it to me" person! :mrgreen: I agree, dreams are a good asset to figure a person's psyche!
:lol:
wait till i finish this year's bio... *rubs hands with evil grin*

[scientific input] yes you do.
Everyone has dreams every night if they sleep long enough to reach the phase of "paradoxal sleep". It's just that most of the time you don't remember the dreams you had.
oh, and everybody dreams in b&w 99% of the time... the impression of color is given by the subconscious memery that this or that object has a given color. like if you dream of your red sofa, it's not red in your dream but since it's intrinsically linked to red in your brain, you'll remember dreaming it red. [/scientific input.]

My brain may be active at night but it isn't a dream if you don't remember it afterwards. If you really get down to it if somethnig that happened in your mind only and you don't rmeember after or even rmember experiencing it did it really happen? My answer for that would be no, ergo I don't dream.

I also never have vivid dreams, like all you people with people speaking to you and such. I remember a few dreams. One I had when I was younger was I used to be on the londonunderground and couldn't get off with my family and was stuck on there. Similar isolation from family and feeling in danger dreams occured when I was younger too.

Now If I ever dream it tells the future distinctly but never anythnig good like I could save someones life with. And I only rmeember it when the thing happens.

Alexandra said:
as i said, that was just the scientific input...
I clearly much prefer the spiritual side about dreams, plus i barely know anything more on the science side....

Funny you say that... i've been wondering about this for a veeeeery long time.
What i'm asking myself is: maybe the colors we see are just due to the way our eyes interpret it and actually red might be purple and black might be yellow...

actually, as far as i can remember my childhood, my father always told me to question everything and to never admit things as granted facts... And i don't. i always question everything. or almost...
it's just that here, i don't know much myself so the best i can do is keep a reasonnable doubt ;)

oh, alex, please dont think i was jumping you... far from it...
i am the worst at conspiracy theroies, and just flat out questioning stated facts...

and i have always thoguht when science says " its this way.." makes me wanna go nuts... nothing is as it seems...and we deal not with flesh and blood, but principalities and powers and rulers of the dark...

so..there is alot of unexplainable things all around us...life is never cut and dried...

i'm glad to know others have thought about the color theory.. thats cool.

I've heard that b&w mess all my life, too, but I gotta tell ya ... I know I dream in color because I see the bluest eyes quite often. I also have been a blonde rather than a plain old brown haired girlie ... I've worn vibrant colors rather the all-black I lean toward ...

I am frequently visited by my friend who chose to end his life 17 years ago. I am constanty apologizing that I didn't realize what was going on ... he is constantly telling me it's okay ...

I dream of my grandmother who smelled like Ponds cold cream and White Shoulders -- and can actually smell her in my dream. My grandfather calls me and says, "Come over and see your grandmother. She won't be here long, but come now." When I do, she doesn't speak much, just smiles her sweet smile and hugs me and hugs me.

Dr. Mistress Grimm ... pm me and tell me about the drowning ... and what type of rehydration I need ...:D (and if it comes in the form of rum or 'ritas!)

Alexandra, I'm going to assume you're in a public school system of some sort ... and not home schooled when I say this: Take all their little tests and give all the little answers that they require. Just keep in mind that the fruits and nuts that wrote most of those books also believe that we should be wearing tin foil on our heads and waiting for the Mother ship ... :mrgreen:

anicole said:
Alexandra, I'm going to assume you're in a public school system of some sort ... and not home schooled when I say this: Take all their little tests and give all the little answers that they require. Just keep in mind that the fruits and nuts that wrote most of those books also believe that we should be wearing tin foil on our heads and waiting for the Mother ship ... :mrgreen:
:lmao:
i know, i know...
I gotta say i'm really split between science and say... art. Right now i think science is "fun", but as long as you remember that it doesn't have the answer to everything and that the essence of life is not in it.
that reminds me of when we studied the origins of life according to different theories... i was really :hertz:
and the theory of the biochemical evolution of whatever... uugh. i listened in silent anger.
the thing is that it's aprivate school, so they have more control as to what to teach us... now i'm starting to see some power abuse.... mostly in the religion class...

but well, back on topic:
there is, if i can permit myself to say so, a mere 0.00001% of science about dreams, but seriously, there is much mysticism about them too and i think it all depends of how you see them yourself. We can't know who's right (probably cause we're all somewhat right), so every personnal way of envisionning dreams is right.
What i like about them, is to get to know myself better through them. Also i often dream of people i used to know and love and of a lot of old memories i love to stay in touch with
:)

anicole said:
Dr. Mistress Grimm ... pm me and tell me about the drowning ... and what type of rehydration I need ...:D (and if it comes in the form of rum or 'ritas!)

Done! Always 'Ritas chica! Never rum! :puke-rig:

Calliope said:
Done! Always 'Ritas chica! Never rum! :puke-rig:

So ... rehydration is the key ... empty the bottle ... unload the shoulders ...

I just love a doctor that will tell me to drink away my problems!

Thanks Calliope! YOU ROCK!!! :lmao:

what about a re-curring dream? everything is exactly the same...

why do you do that...? do you think your messing up at something, and your supposed to fix it?? its like freakin "ground hog day"

and i have caught the boy before he breaks his arm, and moved the old ladies out of the way, and kept my foot from getting in the puddle...

why do we relive a dream over and over....??? ( hey, we are sure upping your posts today, eh doc??)

Most reactions

Back