Dreamweaver ?????

cosmonaut

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.gregmccary.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been trying to learn Dreamweaver and when I place a picture on a page I see it fine, but once uploaded to my site all I get is a box with a red X. Do I have to use a hosting service for placeing images on a page? Thanks in advance.....
Cosmo

Well, you need a hosting service to upload your page anyway, don't you?

Of course you also have to upload the images, not just the html-source.

visited your page .... i can see lots of images there!

did you upload the images?

It's a web design and coding application.

like it has been said, you'll need to upload the images to the .../images/.../ folder. Likely if youre building it directly from dreamweaver it will be /images/ which will be located at in the home or public_html folder

like it has been said, you'll need to upload the images to the .../images/.../ folder. Likely if youre building it directly from dreamweaver it will be /images/ which will be located at in the home or public_html folder

Thanks, I will keep at it.......

I'm pretty adept at learning new computer programs, but I tell you Dreamweaver has given me nothing but headaches, when you want to do something and its so frustrating cos it won't do it the way you want to do it. Usually programs offer logical ways of doing things, Even visual basic was a piece of pie for me. I flew through that. But Dreamweaver AHHHHHHH!

I'm pretty adept at learning new computer programs, but I tell you Dreamweaver has given me nothing but headaches, when you want to do something and its so frustrating cos it won't do it the way you want to do it. Usually programs offer logical ways of doing things, Even visual basic was a piece of pie for me. I flew through that. But Dreamweaver AHHHHHHH!

Instead of ranting, if you're looking for help, ask for it for what you're having trouble with and start a new thread instead of de-railing this one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back