Dress Up - Second go at OCF, first go with the softbox

jowensphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$_MG_7699 copy2.jpg

8x36" softbox 45 degrees from her, camera right.

how'd i do?

For my "self critique": it's a little hot for my liking, but being that it was originally underexposed when I opened in post, I think bringing the light a little further back would have helped here.

BUT it sure beats my first try:
$IMG_8682 copy.jpg$IMG_8692 copy.jpg

Jess.. those are all pretty fried.... way bright! Especially the last too....

#2.. look at the cheek (right side) blending with the background

I agree that the faces on the second two are hot.

The first one is pretty close to me. May dial down the power of the flash a little (and I mean a very little, like from 1/2 to 1/4)

You guys, I think she just wanted C&C on the first one.;)

Guys, lol, I KNOW! About the second two. I was actually poking fun at myself :)

I agree that the faces on the second two are hot.

The first one is pretty close to me. May dial down the power of the flash a little (and I mean a very little, like from 1/2 to 1/4)

You are kidding, right? Unless this monitor is suddenly out of whack.. this is closer to what I see as proper subject exposure.. (no blown highlights)

$_MG_.jpg

Not mentioning the wrinkled underexposed background! :p

View attachment 50236

how'd i do?

Thats one cute baby.

For me, the left side of the sheet is distracting. If it was all white I think it would play better with this style. I like the picture soft. Also its kind of bright lol. IDK though lol I'm just a noob

But the wb isn't right, that bg is pure white.

Background are only pure white.. if you light them to be pure white.... you can't base your subject exposure on what you want your background to be.... lol!

Did you light the background separately?

View attachment 50236

how'd i do?

Thats one cute baby.

For me, the left side of the sheet is distracting. If it was all white I think it would play better with this style. I like the picture soft. Also its kind of bright lol. IDK though lol I'm just a noob

Thank you :) It is, the squeeze clamp I used, I didn't position right to remove the wrinkles. Or I didn't drape enough - it's too in between for my liking right now. The shadow just needs fill camera left.

But the wb isn't right, that bg is pure white.

Background are only pure white.. if you light them to be pure white.... you can't base your subject exposure on what you want your background to be.... lol!

Did you light the background separately?

Nope, one light set up here :) There was a tiny bit of fill from 90 degrees subject left. I'm new to the OCF world, so I appreciate the help :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back