Drifting Away

ceeboy14

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$9494557901_9f2d8def2a_o.jpg

I don't find this a very interesting picture, but having been alerted by earlier posts I inspected the fine structures of the wood, and came away impressed.

There's a blue cast overall which looks odd to me, but I suppose is deliberate? Regardless, you've done a nice job bringing out the detail in the wood, it's actually quite startling the way you've pushed contrast into the right zones to bring out all the structure at all levels. Technically very very nice.

Nice material let down by a meh composition IMHO. Use it for a more interesting close up shot. The central area looks like a head of a giant lizard. You can see two eyes and a mouth. Dark space below and yellow plant (?) could contribute to the contrast and composition. Another interesting area is above and to the left.

I don't find this a very interesting picture, but having been alerted by earlier posts I inspected the fine structures of the wood, and came away impressed.

There's a blue cast overall which looks odd to me, but I suppose is deliberate? Regardless, you've done a nice job bringing out the detail in the wood, it's actually quite startling the way you've pushed contrast into the right zones to bring out all the structure at all levels. Technically very very nice.

Oddly enough, it was quite bluish-grey and I toned it way down with two HSB and two vibrancy masks before saving it for web...it's not an overly exciting shot and again, more for me to work some new PP work. As soon as my Sigma 10-20 gets here, I can go shoot again and concentrate on both in camera and PP.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back