What's new

Drifting

Gadfly

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 31, 2012
Messages
67
Reaction score
10
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
34.jpg
 
:thumbup:

I like this composition.

From the title I was expecting to see import compacts with go-faster stripes and amateur compositions of them wasting tires around corners.

(the sky appears to have a bit too much green in the mix, I don't see any dust bunnies though.)
 
Absolutely love this. My only suggestion has nothing to do with the photo itself: I think that the black border kills the ethereal mood of lightness. Maybe use a white border, or no border at all.
 
I can see what you mean. My web log is dark, so it's sometimes hard to determine what looks better on a blank background. I just err on the side of adding a border.

34.jpg


(the sky appears to have a bit too much green in the mix, I don't see any dust bunnies though.)

It looks ok on my end, but I'll maybe analyze the curves. What do you mean by dust bunnies?
 
I believe she's referring to dirt on the sensor. I really like the composition, and I'm with invisible on the border. I like it better without.
 
Brave attempt :thumbsup:

My feeling is that a border is essential here; it looks too undefined without that; a thinner and lighter one would do. Highly creative :D
 
I believe she's referring to dirt on the sensor.

I must be cheating then, because technically I don't have a sensor to get dirt on. ;)

However, I do have to deal with the occasional "sorry, we destroyed your film" routine.

Thanks for all the feedback folks!
 
I really like this.
I like it framed in black, because it feels captured. As if you have your own Uncle Milton's Cloud Farm.
I'd like to see it matted on white thought, to see how it effects the feel.
 
Slavish adherence to the rule of thirds, and some kind of weird linear artifact across the top. If the line was more pronounced, I think it would add interest to an otherwise pretty uninteresting photograph.

I don't really get the Equivalent photographs either, so you may well be in good company here. Unlike the Equivalent series, I am not getting a sense that you're reaching for any particular sensation or idea, here. Steiglitz reached and, to my eye, fell short. I don't feel you reaching, here.
 
Thanks Amolitor. I hadn't heard of Stieglitz before, but his work seems interesting, from what I can see now.

I hadn't noticed that line at the top until you mentioned it. I think it's a scratch. I just checked and the subject isn't quite on the third lines, but you're right that it's close.

Another version:
18-Copy2.jpg
 
Stieglitz was the man! I am glad to have turned you on to him. He did a ton of amazing stuff, some of it photography.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom