Drive by photography

paigew

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.paigewilks.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
On a recent thread I mentioned that when on road trips with the kids we try to stop as least as possible. But photography is in my blood and I can't help but to take photos of the sights. All of these photos were taken out of a moving vehicle, often with my son yelling "mom don't drop your camera!"

paigewilks.com-7.jpg
paigewilks.com-9.jpg
paigewilks.com-18.jpg
paigewilks.com-31.jpg

The fact that you were in Northern NM is a wonderful site to see.
The land Grant areas and the openness of the area is worth the trips.

Some stunning scenery there.

The fact that you were in Northern NM is a wonderful site to see.
The land Grant areas and the openness of the area is worth the trips.
It is our favorite place to travel. Gotta love those wild, wide open spaces.

Some stunning scenery there.
It's truly unbelievable and inspiring each time I see it.

I am jealous. You saw some magnificent sights. Your son is very helpful:1247:
We really did! To be fair these are pics from about 3 years of travel. Our most recent trip is most the images in the last two photos, we drove From central Texas, through NM ,to Colorado.

Living in N-central NM and INSIDE a Land Grant, its nice to have some of the openness.

Living in N-central NM and INSIDE a Land Grant, its nice to have some of the openness.
amazing. we dream of owning property next to public land in NM or CO....soon I hope!
Depends on where you want to live.

and what county. There is alot of open land, and good open areas... Working in the County assessor's Office I know about the desire.

It would be a summer (escape the 100 heat of texas place). Maybe just a couple acres place to park a camper for a few months. Luckily my husband and I are both able to be flexible with our work schedules and/or work from home.

Lol.. pretty cute post. I can totally sympathize

Nice set and as Charlie said, pretty cute. I have to ask though, are you in total AUTO mode when you do that?

Nice set and as Charlie said, pretty cute. I have to ask though, are you in total AUTO mode when you do that?
Like....am "I" in full auto mode? Yes LOL b/c I know my camera like the back of my hand, what shutter speed for what situation (most of these were taken from the highway or SUPER bumpy roads so high shutterspeed!). I see a scene I'd like to capture, grab my camera from by my feet and wait for the shot.

I shoot full manual 100% of the time. My camera has never even been in auto mode :p

It would be a summer (escape the 100 heat of texas place). Maybe just a couple acres place to park a camper for a few months. Luckily my husband and I are both able to be flexible with our work schedules and/or work from home.

The thing to keep in mind is the maps.

Also, the higher elevation areas a nice to say the lease. Like the jemez or Gila or somewhere int eh Northern part of the state or most of western CO.

But the heat is the same temps in summer, but a DRY heat! So not like the humidity of Houston or SA.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back