Drive by photography

thank you! I used a program called blogstomp.

No problem! I'm often on the road so I sympathise with your missed opportunities. It's difficult, but sometimes I think it's more important to experience a place than photograph it.

I remember one of the best photography workshops I was on had the best sunset during dinner. We'd been waiting all week for it and I was tempted to run and get my camera gear....but I was there with my dad everyone was having a great time talking shop and enjoying the food, and ultimatley the memories of having that are worth more to me than a photograph. So I sat, chatted, enjoyed the sunset over the remote bay and didn't break the atmosphere. You're not gonna make every shot anyway.

I have that attitude on family trips too. Sometimes I'll make it, sometimes I won't. But if I'm with other people I really try not to sacrifice experience for a shot.

I love the collages, they worked our great. Doing my own collage project to make use of my shooting on a holiday on the days we didn't get the best weather, but never done one before so trying to figure out and easy way to do it. Thanks!

thank you! I used a program called blogstomp.

No problem! I'm often on the road so I sympathise with your missed opportunities. It's difficult, but sometimes I think it's more important to experience a place than photograph it.

I remember one of the best photography workshops I was on had the best sunset during dinner. We'd been waiting all week for it and I was tempted to run and get my camera gear....but I was there with my dad everyone was having a great time talking shop and enjoying the food, and ultimatley the memories of having that are worth more to me than a photograph. So I sat, chatted, enjoyed the sunset over the remote bay and didn't break the atmosphere. You're not gonna make every shot anyway.

I have that attitude on family trips too. Sometimes I'll make it, sometimes I won't. But if I'm with other people I really try not to sacrifice experience for a shot.

I love the collages, they worked our great. Doing my own collage project to make use of my shooting on a holiday on the days we didn't get the best weather, but never done one before so trying to figure out and easy way to do it. Thanks!

Agreed, it's always more important to experience the event. Sometimes I tell my kids "I am taking photos with my mind, I'll remember this forever" [emoji178]

You can do some collage work in lightroom (it's a pain), and definitely in photoshop. Blogstomp is great but it's more for online sharing than printing. I haven't printed a blogstomp collage.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

My first few times seeing bald eagles was like that. I had a video camera and dslr with me, but I chose to sit there, mouth agape, watching everything because I didn't want to miss a single detail. Now I whip the camera out:1247:

Great set! Good thing your son is watching out for your camera :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back