Driving Around with the Shutter Open

I keep coming back to look at these. They are so fun! I love how graphic they all are.
Thanks for the nice comment. Funny to think this all started one night back in 1989 while walking home from work I tried to take a night shot and my Pentax MG locked open when the battery died. When I developed the roll...Bam! Here was the "mess" of light and I said to myself....cool, I'll do this on purpose.

These are awesome! Never seen anything like them.
Thanks so much!

#9 is the one grabbing my eye the most, but I love the wild colors of the others, too.

Great job!
Thanks! This set had some neat ones. I did shoot all 24 frames but these are the ones that hit me. I remember one 36 exp roll I did around 10 years ago, not a single frame looked good....LOL

I am much more interested ... well ... desirous of your car and scanner than the photography.

Scanner..... http://www.noritsu.com/pdf/Flyer_HS-1800-Scanner-Flyer.pdf

My Baby.....:heartpump:
EwqlMu2.jpg

I like the photos a lot. I am just getting into photography more seriously and was looking into night photography or light painting using a film camera. Seeing these photos inspired me to join the forum...thanks.

I like the photos a lot. I am just getting into photography more seriously and was looking into night photography or light painting using a film camera. Seeing these photos inspired me to join the forum...thanks.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the nice comment. I had a show in the late 90's using images like this and I called it "Paint with Light".

From 1997

vKLgynN.jpg

lN1NSF4.jpg

ZW5YYJt.jpg

These 2 are E-6 slides scanned as C-41 neg film (back in the day I would print these in the darkroom on positive paper and they looked like this).

DdJpFHN.jpg

cmhxaTA.jpg

Wow!
Something unique!

Thanks.....:cool-48:

I'm scanning more of these to post later.

Oh Wow! Think what you’d have using a Stereo Realist, and seeing all That in 3D

Most reactions

Back