Driving through New Orleans

d_the_sandman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Me and my girlfriend took a road trip to Florida two weeks ago, and on the way back we stopped in New Orleans so I could take a couple pics. I had a couple friends from Ninth Ward, and so I stopped in their neighborhood and took some.

NewOrleans7.jpg

NewOrleans6.jpg

NewOrleans5.jpg

NewOrleans4.jpg

NewOrleans3.jpg

NewOrleans2.jpg

NewOrleans1.jpg

It's a sad scene to take ... but the flowers and grass in #3 are encouraging !

great record of a terrible event, disgusted with the american politicians for not sorting this problem out before now.

might as well take my post out as well.....

Odd that many volkwagens in a row. Great pics. On the conspiracy theory --water and food could have been dropped from out of range. And they stayed because they had no were else to go.

I guess I couldn't have expected any less than for this thread to immediately turn to politics. But then again............it's a topic that's so extreme, it kind of HAS to. Especially since the truth hurts. Everybody wants to scream the loudest, so they don't have to hear the truth.

Wow..amazing power of a hurricane. Nice captures

Very good captures. :thumbup: The devastation is hard to see, even all these months later. I really like the one with the Bug - good job!

A reminder to everyone to please keep the political/social comments out of the thread. Thanks.

Boon said:
great record of a terrible event, disgusted with the american politicians for not sorting this problem out, but i guess if you were all middle class and white, they would have, or if you had oil.

I find this comment rather offensive and irrelevant.

Regarding the pictures, I like this series in that I think it documents the event well. The third one is my favorite. This is quite a reality check as I'm looking into attending school down there.

nevermind--- its not worth arguing. Lets just enjoy photography.
-and please try to keep condesending non-factual theories against other
racial groups to a minimum. At least in the gallery forum... lol

such devastation i have never seen, no matter where i have been, and i thought the getto in denver was bad, yeah right... good fotos and portrayal of that had happend.

Being from this area, I have seen it first hand and lived through it. I have many photos like this myself.
This really should not turn into a political discussion, especially when one has no clue as to what they are speaking of!
I am not going to go into long detail about the racial remarks made, but if you were here and saw exactly what was going on you would know that Everyone from white to black to green were lending hands to help ANYONE out of the city. Our close friend was in there with a boat pulling as many people out as he could. He pulled black men, white men, oriental men..it did not matter what the color of their skin was (all while being shot at!). I know that many people follow what they hear and see on the news, but sometimes it is best to turn that off.
This is a sore subject with me when people rant about how noone helped - you were not here, you did not see what was going on......I could rant on and on, but I will refrain!!

Most reactions

Back