DSLR Bags

I still don't have it in me to let my camera hang from my neck strap without holding it. I was watching a photography video on youtube the other day, where the guy had his camera dangling form his neck strap off by his hip, and he was climbing around trying to get up a steep hill.. camera flinging around all over.. I just about had to go change pants.

I know these cameras are a lot more durable than I think.. I just don't want to take any chances. I baby my equipment.. probably more than I'd baby a baby.

If you get the right strap it's no problem. I recently picked up a BlackRapid RS-7 and I could never find a strap like this before. Tough to explain but it comes with 2 little clips on the strap that allow you to basically "lock" your camera in place on the strap. Even when moving fairly quickly it doesn't move from where you put it.

Works great.

I have the Crumpler 7 Million Dollar Home and I love it. Fits all my needed gear (Gripped D90 w/ 18-105 attached, sb-600, sigma 10-20, nikon 50, and tamron 70-300) comfortably.

Amazon.com: Crumpler The 7 Million Dollar Home: Sports & Outdoors

I can arrange it to fit my 13" macbook as well, but it gets a bit cramped. I wanted the messenger style for the ease of slinging it around to grab things out of. I was hoping I could fit my laptop in easier, but I'll rarely ever need to take it with me so it should be fine. If I do end up carrying it more I'll buy something else.

I have the same bag and I love it as it is very comfortable and it has tons of space for lenses; however I do have issues with it.
- the first issue is the fact that it can not be fully closed (dust can get in)
- second issue is with smaller compartments, it does have the zipper on the flap and the pocket which opens on the front but I think they should have though about this a little more and added some small spaces to hold memory cards and smaller objects (screwdriver, pocket Swiss Army knife, lens caps and other small accessories).
Other then these two minor issues, I love my Crumpler and actually use it as a work bag (works very well if you remove the inner camera liners, so it serves well).

Also for a cheap price I suggest a sling Swiss Army bag from Costco (37.99$) which can be taken on hikes, bike rides and can take a little bit of a beating.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back