Dslr choice tip

enco93

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello there,
I just joined this forum ,and i have a question here.
I will be buying a new dslr soon and i need some advaces and tips.
Ill have around 750-800 euros to spend on my photograhy gear.
What i was thinking is to go for a Canon EOS 600d + kit lens + 50 mm f1.8II and depends on how much is left, a grip,
I can get a new 600d for 600 euros.
So tell me please, what should i buy, do you have some other choices? Im into portait and lancspace photography.

You might want to consider getting a flash ... no idea why you want a grip for portrait and landscape, thats more for action sports with their panning and continously shooting thousands of pictures.

Unless you're wanting the video option I would suggest going with a Rebel T3 (1100D) instead. 12 megapixels is more than enough for an entry level. Use the rest of your cash on lenses because they'll last longer, and retain their value better. I'm used to the US Dollar... but I'm gonna take a wild guess and bet you could afford or come close to affording an 1100D with 18-55mm lens, 55-250mm lens, 50mm f/1.8, and a 430EX II flash. IMO that's a pretty darn good start up kit. By the time your knowledge and experience surpasses the limitations of that camera you can easily have saved up enough to upgrade ;-)

If someone is just starting out with SLR photography I would almost argue that a good camera might be better than a pricey lens, Just because at first you don't have a lot of money, you really won't have an idea what kind of lens you want and you don't need that kind of quality, also you might drop your SLR....

The 50 1.8 and kit lens will be very good for starting out! (assuming your starting out)

Than the next bunch of purchases you can get much better lenses when you can afford them.

If it was a choice between the 60D and 7D, than ya, a 60D with a a good lens would be better than a 7D with the 50m 1.8, but I feel the T3 is a little too low end IMO

Solarflare said:
You might want to consider getting a flash ... no idea why you want a grip for portrait and landscape, thats more for action sports with their panning and continously shooting thousands of pictures.

Actually the main use of the grip is to more comfortably take photos in PORTRAIT orientation. Think about it.

Grips are used primarily for portrait shots because it makes holding the camera at 90 degrees a lot easier.

sovietdoc said:
Grips are used primarily for portrait shots because it makes holding the camera at 90 degrees a lot easier.

He'sthinking the main reason for a grip is being able to hold dual batteries. Personally I don't find that to be a huge advantage. Batteries easily fit in a pocket and takes two seconds to switch. Now being able to hold the camera more steady in that portrait configuration is an awesome advantage

Most reactions

Back