DTM Testing @ Brands Hatch 21/03/06 (Sparks n' Flames) :)

****in awesome bro.

what shutter speed are u panning the shots with?

Az_GTi said:
Thanks Jonathan. That's a bit frustrating, don't know why they wouldn't open just part of the circuit for spectators. What is viewing like at Oulton (for both spectating and photography)? I've never been but it's a circuit I would really like to go to.

Oulton is a really good circuit - I've driven it a couple of times at track days. In terms of specatator/photo access on the track days I went to it is pretty much open access, some areas, near the hairpin for example, don't have access, but around a large part of the circuit you can get close to the barriers. lodge corner is a cracker, you can get quite close to the apex, and Knickerbrook/Hizzy's chicane are pretty good photo areas.

Gets busy on the days when the touring cars are racing, other days not too bad.

woah those are awesome! great shots! looks to be some great racing!

Thanks guys :) really nice to see so many people interested in motorsport :) I will hopefully be back at Brands Hatch tomorrow (so long as weather is ok) for British Superbikes. Hopefully it will be as fun :)

tekzero said:
what shutter speed are u panning the shots with?
Depends where I'm shooting from and the speed of the cars at that point. Often 1/250sec is plenty to get the sense of speed, sometimes I go down to 1/100 or lower but the keeper rate then starts to drop off.

JonathanM, thanks for the info!

Cheers
Az

Nice pics i would prefre to get onto the infeild normaly some where near the run into club or abby but thats personal prefrence. another tecnique ive discovered that works realy well is hanging the camera over the barrier by attaching it to a monopod and runnin it at ground high then using a cable relase to fire the camera, just a sergestion but keep up the great work

nice shots, wish i had a track close by so i could get some shots like that

Most reactions

Back