dual flash mount

goodoneian

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
does anyone know of any umbrella stand adapters that can hold 2 flashes so i can shoot two flashes on one stand through one umbrella? sorry i can't describe it any clearer. i've tried various google's, but some of the diy methods i've seen get kinda pricey.

if anyone knows of any existing products like this or good tutorials feel free to post them

does anyone know of any umbrella stand adapters that can hold 2 flashes so i can shoot two flashes on one stand through one umbrella? sorry i can't describe it any clearer. i've tried various google's, but some of the diy methods i've seen get kinda pricey.

if anyone knows of any existing products like this or good tutorials feel free to post them

Well i saw one guy using industrial clamp. I don;t recall where i saw it exactly so i provide you with the link.
But i saw something similar on strobist.blogspot.com

Do a search, there is a thread about a DIY one made by jstudie that rocks the house. Pics and all. ;) :)

That certainly is a good DIY.

Remember that you only gain one stop by adding another equal flash, that's with both firing at full power. If you need that extra power, then you need it...but it seems like a lot of work to only gain one stop of light.

That certainly is a good DIY.

Remember that you only gain one stop by adding another equal flash, that's with both firing at full power. If you need that extra power, then you need it...but it seems like a lot of work to only gain one stop of light.

well 1 stop is better than nothing i guess. and i have a lot of free time so i'm always looking for good DIY's to do.

and thank you for finding the link dweller

I will find out when I do my own tests as soon as I get some more time, but I think the real advantages will come not in full power flashes, but in sub 1/2 power shots becuase most of the time that is where they are used. This means even lower power on both strobes, longer battery life with higher light outputs.

In the end, though, sometimes that 1 stop means all the difference between getting the shot or not, and that is the important aspect.

You need to give us a little more information- specifically, what KIND of strobe are you using? Two hot-shoe type or full studio strobes? If studio strobes, which kind? I'm also a little curious as to why you'd want to do this too... for what you'll get back in added light, it doesn't seem like it would really be worth while.

You need to give us a little more information- specifically, what KIND of strobe are you using? Two hot-shoe type or full studio strobes? If studio strobes, which kind? I'm also a little curious as to why you'd want to do this too... for what you'll get back in added light, it doesn't seem like it would really be worth while.

i'm using hot shoe flashes..

why not do it? i find that a little extra light can't hurt, and as jerry said it would cut back recycle times when used at lower powers and save battery life. also, i like making stuff and i can probably find 90% of the materials i need for that around my house

Superclamps are great to have and versatile as heck... but for the cost of 1 superclamp, I can outfit 2-3 stands for dual flash setup and have money left over. That is the beauty of DIY in some (but certainly not all) cases.

Most reactions

Back