Dublin

OBrien

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Haven't posted for a while, but I had a wander round the City Centre last Saturday for the first time in ages. It was a beautiful day and there were loads of people around. A few shots -

One of the most photographed buildings in town, but I liked this shot.

custombw-1.jpg

A memorial to the Great Famine which caused over a million deaths and more than 2 million people to emigrate. The building in the background is a symbol of the country's newfound wealth. It's the HQ of a leading Bank.

famine-1bw.jpg

Buskers

buskers-1.jpg

Statue of early 1900s Trade Union leader - Larkin was renowned for his oratory.

larkin-1copy.jpg

Riverscape.

milleniumbdge-1.jpg

It wouldn't be Dublin without a pub.

templebar-1.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Awesome series Obrien. I really love the first 4 shots. Very well done!!!!!!!!

Thanks for taking me back to Dublin after 15 years or so!
The black and white ones are all really stunning! I have never seen the famine memorial myself, but then it may be more recent? I sure don't know that bank building.

And :blulsh2:, sorry to be asking, :blulsh2: but what is the most photographed building of Dublin? I sure never photographed that one way back then...

The photo of the Liffey-bridges and the Four Courts on the right is a bit overexposed - the weather was VERRRRY sunny, warm and bright, wasn't it? The greens/blues look a bit too --- turquoise?

But then the pub front one is great again.
I must at last start the thread on "Pub Fronts" in the Photo Themes...! I have had this in mind for almost a year now. Why don't I? Then you can put this one up there, too :D.

Thanks all. Lafoto, neither the memorial or the bank were around 15 years ago, but the Customs House certainly was. It's right down at the mouth of the river though, so you may not have seen it. Now that I look at it again, the Liffey shot probably is a bit overexposed. It had turned hazy at that stage which might explain the odd colour effect.

Photogal, I posted that fine figure of a man especially for all the ladies on here....

Nice series - thanks for the mini-tour of Dublin.

Most reactions

Back