Duck Flying C&C Welcome!!

IByte

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Since I made some free time today, I decided to try out my new Nikon 70-300mm VR lens. Let me know what you guys think, and welcome more pointers.

DuckBill.png

ISO 320
Focal Length: 280mm
1/320 sec
F/9.

This picture was taken around a golf course. Since NY is experiencing unseasonable warmth, it felt more like fall/spring thanks in advance.

I would crop it to about half that size.. horizontal format, with similar subject placement. Looks pretty good... amazing that 1/320 is too slow to stop the wings totally, isn't it! :) That is a awesome lens for the price!

I agree with Gipson's comment about cropping; I like that shutter speed and the fact that you have some movement imparted on the wings. Well shot.

Thanks for pointers and comments, I know there is still a lot of work to be done. I'll work on the cropping and repost the picture; right now I'm looking at the possibilities of this lens and I must say just wow lol. It was a breathe of fresh air taking a picture of a subject that wasn't my dog, and waiting until the weather breaks more and the animals come out.

Last edited:
Almost.
Nice effort though.
Willd birds in flight that move fast are hard.
Mallards have been clocked anywhere from 50-60 mph.

Ok, here is the cropped version of this photo. With the comments and pointers, I'm taking this as a minor victory. I'm glad that is this does not make "You Are Not a Photographer's" website.

DuckBill1.png

I'm looking at local parks to get some ideas, hoping I will be able to watch and shoot a Krav Maga tournament lol.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back