Ducks, Llama, Peacock, and Leopard (four shots)

Trenton Romulox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jeremygrayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ducks:
_DSC2532-Edit-2.jpg

Llama:
_DSC2656-Edit-Edit-2.jpg

Peacock:
_DSC2636-Edit-2.jpg

Leopard:
_DSC2640-Edit-Edit-Edit-2.jpg

Comments, critiques, and jokes welcome and appreciated.

Thanks for looking.

Peace.

oh dear god...
favorites in this order 4!!!!!, 3!!!!, 2!!!, 1!
(the exclamation points show enthusiasm hahah)

Sweet pics. I liked the little duckies :)
How close were you to the leopard, or was that a major crop-job?

The leopard and Peacock are great shots - amazing quality - especially in those leopard eyes! I am not a fan of the style of the last two shots, I prefer mine more natural looking, but great work on the details and closeness!
The details on the llama are, again, spot on, but I don't like having so much head infront of theshot - a little distracting I find, but I can see how cropping it out might make the shot more difficult to see as real.
MY only complaint about the ducks is angle - your low now, but right down really really low would be ideal, but there I really am nitpicking!
Great series of shots, fantastic exposures and sharpness to all four - my only real quibbles are with style but that is me and not you I feel!

Comments, critiques, and jokes welcome and appreciated.

A horse walks into a bar, the bartender says "why the long face?" :eyebrows:

Seriously though, all of these are great! I have never seen a crop like that on a llama, but personally I think it works pretty well. I do understand what Overread is saying about so much of the head being infront of the shot, but I still really like it. My favorite is the leopard. Thanks for sharing!

Look at those catchlights on that leopard! WOW! Good job there. Something strikes me as off in that picture though, like a color cast but I can't put my finger on it.

My fave is #1 though.. something I'd love to see on a calandar. I LOVE the processing you chose for it. Nice, nice, nice.

Thanks for the comments, everyone.

And about the angle I used on the duck shot, overread, you're absolutely right, I should have gone lower. I'm really glad you said that, because that really hadn't crossed my mind when I was shooting, so next time I am given such an opportunity, hopefully it will. Thank you very much for the comments. Oh, and the llama shot is definitely meant to be more of abstract type approach, but I wish I had at least taken more shots, I only managed that one before the llama walked away because I didn't have food (greedy bugger).

And to everyone who commented on the leopard shot, I'll give you a rundwon: This was taken about fifteen feet away from the leopard through a chainlink fence. This is a fairly major crop job, with a fair bit of after the fact sharpening to help combat that fence. I have two versions of the shot, one with less sharpening, and one with, well, more sharpening (haha, of course), and this is the more sharpening one. I think I might end up going with the less sharpening one, or at least be less aggressive with the sharpening 'cause I feel that it's really starting to show.

Caspertood, thank you for bringing in the joke, bud, almost nobody ever does. It might have been you that brought in a joke last time, haha.

And to overread again, I will never have any issues with people nitpicking my style, at all. Photography is an art, and we all have different tastes and preferences. Now, if you were my client, then I'd definitely try and fit your tastes and your styles. That's the beauty of photography, any art really, is that we all produce things a little different. So please, this is really directed to anyone, if you don't like my images because of the style, totally tell me, 'cause I love to know what people think of how I handle my images. Because after all, I'm only 17, it's not like I'm gonna stick with this style forever, haha. I can't please everyone, but I'm sure gonna try damn hard.

Thanks again, to everyone, for the comments and critiques, they are much appreciated. :]

My fav.......The Leopard!!!!!!

The colours & Tones are amazing!!

Most reactions

Back