Duluth, MN Pt 1: Superior Hiking Trail (56k warning)

kc0ltv

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here are some pictures I took whlist walking down a portion of the (new?) Superior Hiking Trail in Duluth, MN between the "Five Corners" intersection and 40th Ave. W / Haines Rd. They were taken with a humble Sony DSC-P71, all handheld, and have no editing whatsoever besides re-sizing. I don't think they're particularly spectactular, although I am satisfied with the ones I am posting here. Any critiques or suggestions are strongly appreciated.

#1: Looking towards the E. The building on the top of the hill in the distance is Enger Tower, a local landmark.

13zplsp.jpg

#2: Part of the trail (what else?). Would have been a lot better if that darn leaf wasn't in the way. Really bad mosquitoes around this part.
13zpo40.jpg

#3: Near no. 2. Mosquitoes also really bad in this part of the trail.
13zpqat.jpg

#4: A very nice view from the trail, near a steep "ledge". City got a bit overexposed as you can see.
13zptsm.jpg

#5: Leaf-framed view to the E/SE. The giant sandbar is Park Point.
13zpv0o.jpg

#6: Think green. Very, very green.
13zpxfr.jpg

#7: The road is either Skyline Pkwy or Haines Rd, can't remember. I thought it looked kind of cool poking out of the branches and stuff.
13zqp1s.jpg

#8: Looking at the western part of the city and beyond into Wisconsin across the St. Louis River / bay. I love how the land just disappears into the horizon past the islands.
13zqs6w.jpg

#9: A serene wooden staircase in a serene wood forest.
13zqtn7.jpg

#10: Looking out to the west.
13zqvrk.jpg

#11: I liked how the lighting turned out on this waterfall shot, though I'm unsure of the composition.
13zr2g2.jpg

#12: Outline of a leave on...three leaves.
13zr32g.jpg

#13: This was a bit of an experimental shot. I wanted to get a interestingly composed picture of the stream, with three layers: the leave, the plants above the water, and the water itself. I don't really know how well it worked though.
13zr875.jpg

No criticisms, suggestions, or comments anybody?

I'm sorry for bumping this, but I would really like some tips / critiques based on my pictures.

Most reactions

Back