Dumb question

MissieH

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
:blushing: I am new to the editing software and have been doing research on all the different programs out there. Besides cost being the biggest difference, my dumb question is, what is the difference between the PS CS3 and the educational version of it? Does it have less options or something?

Thanks.

It has less packaging (seriously that's all)
And that you can't use it for commercial work (and if you do and are found out they can file a lawsuit against you but some people say that adobe is "Very Liberal & Lets You Make Money With It")

Less packaging, hmmm. Sounds like it should be a great deal then for someone that can get a student discount. Thanks.

If you intend to use it as a student, then go for it.
If you intend to use it for Pro work (Selling Your Images) the pay for the proper license. Look at it this way, how happy would you be if you sold one of your pictures to someone to have in their home, but later you found out they were using it for Corp work and did not pay Corp rates to use it. You would go after them for the money. Adobe will do the same.

You might be able to buy an older student version and then buy the upgrade to CS3. It can be cheaper than buying CS outright. If I'm not mistaken, Adobe is OK with that but you should make sure of the upgrade compatibility first.

I found couple online websites that sell the academic versions of Photoshop along with many other programs and all you have to do is email them a copy of your current student id but the downside is that it takes some time for the product to be delivered.
The Average price of PS CS3 is $300; Lightroom 2 $100
Here are the links to them:
http://www.journeyed.com/home.asp
&
http://www.academicsuperstore.com/
I checked them both out on resellerratings and they are credible websites
Since I'm still in high school I will soon be sending for PS and LR2 and Corel Painter X

Most reactions

New Topics

Back