work in progress
Reaction score
Website
www.moltenwords.net
I don't think I ever posted this...

Shot around dusk on Ilford Delta 3200, Nikon 4004

Would love comments and critique!

bridge.jpg

i think if i were to take that picture i would have focues on the bridge and left the branches out of focus, just using them as a sort of frame surrouding the bridge. of course that's just me :)

I like it this way I think. The bush being in focus tells me I'm "here" and if I cross the bridge I'll be at some unknown "there."

It has mystery. :D

Immediately I agreed with Nytmare, but after I looked at it for a while I dedided I like this way better. The only thing I would have tried to do would be to get rid of the branch that runs accross the middle, I think it's a little distracting. Otherwise, nice photo.

Interesting, the branch across the middle is one of my favorite parts. It breaks the frame of the branches around the bridge. It says this isn't a pic of a bridge, even tho it is. It is both. To me, it links them together.

About the focus, I actually took the shot all three ways, bridge in focus, bush in focus, both in focus. I really think this one is the best. But maybe once my darkroom is up and running, I can run test prints of the others and let you compare...

Kent, that is the Interstate 5 bridge in Portland, OR.

Thanks for the comments! :D

I'm not big on the branch across the middle, but I really didn't notice it until someone else brought it to my attention. The rest of it i think is perfect. It has a slightly surreal effect. And from that angle the bridges looks a little rickety. I don't think I'd want to cross it.

the contrast of the branch is not great enough for that to be the focal point. I keep constantly searching the background for more substance and then when I see the bridge out of focus it all falls apart.

The bridge is composed to be the focal, but yet you attempted an alternative focal on the branch. I must agree with Nytmair in the first post.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back