Dust under LCD

itf

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got my d7000 last week and today just noticed that there's a piece of hair/dust under my LCD screen. I don't know if I should exchange it because I've been hearing about Amazon bans because of people returning/exchanging expensive items.

So, what would you guys do? Exchange or just deal with it?

I'm not sure if it was there before. I'm worried that more dust might get in, then I'll have a brand new camera with dust in the LCD -__-.

If you bought it brand new, exchange it. Brand new means it should have no defects and dust/hair/etc getting into the lcd is a defect. Send the seller a message. If the person is all but reasonable, they'll send you another one once you send the one you have back.

Is it behind the protective cover or the actual LCD glass? If its just the cover then pop it off, clean it, then put it back on. If its behind the glass of the LCD then I'd definitely exchange it, although I don't see how that could even happen

Yea I really don't think it is possible to get anything behind the actual screen, that would almost mean it would have to come from the inside somehow. But im sure its only under the screen protector. Just pop it off from the bottom and pull it out, easy enough no problem.

I didn't notice the dust until I popped off the screen protector. It's under the LCD screen, not the screen protector.

Wouldn't I have to pay shipping costs for service?

Wouldn't I have to pay shipping costs for service?

Not always. Sometimes they will arrange for pick-up and sometimes they will just send you a label for shipping.

Best way to find out is to contact them.

I contacted amazon and they said they'll ship me a new one and I'll receive it Monday and I just need to ship mine back by April 3. Does anyone know of a cheap way to send back a package with insurance? I have to pay for shipping first and they'll refund me after, but we'll see if they do refund me. I'm kind of scared of the Amazon ban I've been hearing about though.

I contacted amazon and they said they'll ship me a new one and I'll receive it Monday and I just need to ship mine back by April 3. Does anyone know of a cheap way to send back a package with insurance? I have to pay for shipping first and they'll refund me after, but we'll see if they do refund me. I'm kind of scared of the Amazon ban I've been hearing about though.
Ive never heard of the "Amazon ban" lol ive bought most of my equipment directly from them without any problems. But probably the cheapest insured shipping would be thru USPS. But either way you will be refunded the cost, im glad they said they would send you a new one. I wonder whos hair that is? =p

Most reactions

Back