Silverpenguin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.richardpeters.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all.

I've hardly been out much since I got my D2x back in January, due to an increase in work.

Thankfully thats all over now and things are getting back to normal, so I thought I'd share one of the few shots I've takensince I got the new camera.

This is a stray cat that my sister has pretty much adopted. She's been named Dusty as she is always covered in it as she lives in the garden (scared of the dogs, bless).
_RP01223.jpg

Sigma 105mm macro, I spot metered off the eye to get the exposure right for this one as all the black was causing problems. This is ISO 800 too, which performed much better than expected!

Hi!

2 totally different pictures in thread!

The first could have been a great picture, though I do not like the dandruff/dust and the dirty eye of the cat. The black fur and it's big yellow eyes, together with the composition could have made it a superb shot. Try it again, tomorrow! ;)

The second then, however totally different, is great! Great in expression, sharpness and composition. I think B&W conversion was a good choice! Nice one!

Kind regards,

Roger

Thanks Roger. I know what you mean about the dirt, but it is a semi stray cat that lives outdoors and thats actually part of what I wanted to capture in the image. Of course for anyone else that doesn't know the cat they wont know that, which is why I am only posting this picture in places where I can give some back story to the shot i.e. its not going on my own website :)

I maybe should move the other photo to its own thread?!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back