DVD slideshow problems

RKW3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I want to make a DVD photo slideshow of one of my recent vacations. I made the DVD but the picture quality has become noticeably worse.

Will the quality always lessen when put on a DVD? Or did the program I use just screw it up? (I used Windows DVD Maker)

Help me out please.

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
you mean, you use the DVD to display the images on a TV screen or at least in DVD-quality?

that will be less quality than the original high-res images.

Happy Hour

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Photos OK to edit
most cable boxes and even tv's Have usb ports right on the front of them now days. Usb Flash drives are very cheap now. I would consider going that route.and you can constantly change whats on it.

Professor Zero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Your camera's images are of a much higher resolution than that of a conventional analog TV. The resolution of an analog TV screen is slightly more than 640 x 480 no matter what the size.

JerryPH

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Most pictures are above what ever resolution your monitor is (1024 X 768, etc...). Standard TV is 720 X 480. See why even at DVD quality pics look not as good as on your screen?

Try looking at your pics in a 800 X 600 resolution on the screen, though that is still superior to DVD quality, you will see a big drop in quality already.

Most reactions

New Topics