What's new

DxO Mark Lens Tests..the Results...Uh-Oh...

Derrel

Mr. Rain Cloud
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
48,211
Reaction score
18,936
Location
USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DxOMark - DxOMark Score

Uh-oh...there are going to be howls of anguish about these tests of around 200 lenses...there will be brand loyalist users struggling to come up with excuses, and will find something, anything, to try and discredit these results...I guarantee it...
 
So the Nikon 18-105 was tested on more than 1 camera ... can the scores be added?
 
I thought nobody paid attention to that site until all the brand/loyalist war/arguments were exhausted and then one side has to fall back on just the DxO rating to try and win back their side in the war? ;)
 
Don't know why too many would dispute the results. They seem pretty accurate from what I have seen. The only thing I would change is the numbers for the Sony kit lenses. A 4 overall score (bottom of the barrel)... even as a fan of Minolta and Sony, that is better than I would rank them.

The only question I would have is why the same lens is scored all over the place (saw one that scored both in the 30's and a 12) I would think that is more a function of the body tested on and not the lens itself. First time I ever really looked through that list so I don't know how they come up with the numbers.
 
Last edited:
Looks like I need to go full frame, ugh.
 
Ohhh Noes! must be doing it wrong they didn't list my Tammy and my 55-200vr must not take good pics because it's on page 43 of nikon list with only a score of 6.

What should I do? Ohh I'm so worried now that I have inferior lenses! :(
.
 
Uh Huh.......


Yeah...I don't agree with alot of these results.

I understand that the camera body is a huge factor, but the Canon 30mm f/4 IS is on the 3rd to last page..ummm that's an awesome lens.

And the Tamron 17-50 scores are pretty low too, and again, awesome lens.



Once again, DxO creates completely arbitrary results!!!
 
Are any of these tests new? Or are they the same ones from several months ago, where the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8II is considered the 3rd best Canon lens available today?
 
Are any of these tests new? Or are they the same ones from several months ago, where the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8II is considered the 3rd best Canon lens available today?

WTH are you talking about? The Canon 50mm f/1.8II is an incredible lens! Ask anybody who owns one!
 
I am selling my EF 50mm f/1.8 mk1 lens now .... but after reading the chart ... I should sell the EF 50mm f/1.4 instead.:lol:
 
I am selling my EF 50mm f/1.8 mk1 lens now .... but after reading the chart ... I should sell the EF 50mm f/1.4 instead.:lol:

I noticed that too... I would've thought the nicer build quality would translate to better image quality instead of worse.
 
I think they were pissed up when they tested them
 
I am selling my EF 50mm f/1.8 mk1 lens now .... but after reading the chart ... I should sell the EF 50mm f/1.4 instead.:lol:


Lol, Ive been debating this one as well ;) good thing I have micro adjust now, or I really wouldve wanted to sell the 1.4........... sad really :\
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom