Eagle shots from today...

v1c70r

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these today. Any tips, comments, or ideas are appreciated!

CSC_0816-2.jpg

CSC_0818-1.jpg

3. Here's an edit of the above picture. I cropped it to be more of a close up.

CSC_0818-3.jpg

4. This is a close up of a Bald Eagle.
DSC_0805.jpg

Last edited:
The first one is an odd crop, I was waiting for the rest of the body to load. The second would also be better of you could see more of the body. He looks so grumpy! lol

I would have shot them in portrait, not landscape.

I have to disagree with the cropping comment on #1. I don't feel like I need to see the rest of the body. However, #2 I agree with the previous cropping question and feel that it either needs to be cropped up more or show the whole body. I would have to see this in a portraiture type setup to compare but I do like the landscape as it is. These are very good. Thanks for sharing.

I would rather see a close-up of the head rather than stepping further away to get the full body. To get a full body without losing distance, flip the camera up to portrait. These a sharp, clear photos. Nice job. Bird #2 has a great expression!

Also, because the background is unimportant for the photo, I am glad you have it blurred with a shallow depth of field.

Thanks for all of the feedback! I will definately make sure to take some in portrait next time.

I added a cropped #2 and also #4, which is a close up shot of a bald eagle.

any more thoughts

I have to disagree with the cropping comment on #1. I don't feel like I need to see the rest of the body.
I disagree with your cropping comment regarding #1, and agree the image should have been made in the vertical orientation so the entirety of the eagles body could have been included in the photo.

The eagle is looking out the right side of the image and the negative space on the left weakens the photo substantially. People tend to look where other eyes are looking, so the eagle's look takes the viewer right out of the image, leaving no reason to explore the left side of the phot .

What we don't know is the amount of reach and lens mount type v1c70r used to make the photos.

#3 needs a caption...

"I see what you did there."

PS: I have nothing else to contribute to this discussion. Carry on.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back