Early days

Kenneth Walker

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Burghfield Common, near Reading, Berkshire, UK
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sigma 105mm

Rather like the detailing inside the headlamp cluster on my car (Freelander 2)...just messing about really, there being a shortage of insect targets at this time of year...but I bought the lens as a Christmas present, I'm going to use it!

headlight.jpg

Reactions: alv
I can empathise with you on the lack of floral and insect targets in January in the UK.
Its a good image you have produced, and you have brought out the 3D-ness of it well, although I guess it may not be compositionally that interesting to many.
I am a similar new macro lens owner (Nikkor 105mm VR) and seem to be spending almost as much on lighting as I did for the lens !

Thanks...yes, I now have a shopping list too! Lighting was not, of course an issue in this image...as one might expect, there was a lot of the stuff bouncing around inside the headlamp unit.....the image itself makes a nice wallpaper on my desktop (at least, it does for me).

We should have a few soon, I found in London a few things (caterpillars, crab spider) last week doing some weeding.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back