Early morning at an old mine dump, C&C or feedback please

dormfab

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've last posted, between catching up during winter break and having wisdom teeth removed I haven't had the time. These are from a photo-walk a few weeks ago around some old taconite mining areas. Your harshest criticism would be appreciated ;). All were taken with a Canon A720is.

3198631688_d2448bda36_b.jpg

3200251215_655f177f5c_b.jpg

3196100534_5c2e78d8c0_b.jpg

3196100756_6c8a813bf2_b.jpg

There are many more from this outing, but I only posted a few that I felt were the best.

i like the first and last the best, though they are all really good. the first is crystal clear but you might want to straighten the horizon a little. and the last has great composition

First one is lovley! Gotta love the way the sun reveals the depth and texture to that foreground snow/rocks. The only thing that I think would have made it better is the use of a GND filter to hold back exposure on the sky, it's a little too blown out. On the other hand, I don't know of how to attach one to a compact camera lens.

Two is okay, though the processing and tones seem somewhat strange.

Lack of a foreground interest and nice light make three a standard and pretty neutral shot for me. Not bad, not great.

Four could have benefited with lightening the foreground, but it still good along with #1.

Most reactions

Back