Early morning at the Carnie.

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The carnival came to town so I took and opportunity to take some pictures this morning while it was calm. Once I got to pp, I overcooked them just a bit, which made it look more like sun set. Any thoughts?

1. Not the deadly kind of viper.

IMG_5472 by Ron_Lane, on Flickr

2. Tilt a whirl at dawn.

IMG_5471 by Ron_Lane, on Flickr

The issue with having such a beautiful bright background is that your subject could end up under-exposed with dull drab color.

That is very true Trever. The original pictures were a little be dull with the color, that is why I was just messing with them and came up with this. The original had a blown out sun to it because I wasn't using my CPL. This look was basically and accident in pp that I thought was just different enough to look kind of cool.

Reminds me of the skies in "Damnation Alley". An old cheesey post apocoliptic film starring Jan Michael Vincent and George Peppard in case your not ancient.

Reminds me of the skies in "Damnation Alley". An old cheesey post apocoliptic film starring Jan Michael Vincent and George Peppard in case your not ancient.

lol, not sure if that is a good thing. Oh, I don't know the movie but I am ancient (or feel that way at times).

In the first one, I think that making it all oversaturated and brighter was not the best way to go.
Try darkening the background sky, increasing the saturation and brightness of the car and the making the ground a little more contrasty.
You want the car to stand out and not lose attention to the sky.

This might have been a good one to do an exposure for teh car and then another for the sky and then blend them.

In the first one, I think that making it all oversaturated and brighter was not the best way to go.
Try darkening the background sky, increasing the saturation and brightness of the car and the making the ground a little more contrasty.
You want the car to stand out and not lose attention to the sky.

This might have been a good one to do an exposure for teh car and then another for the sky and then blend them.

Thanks Travler. I agree that this wasn't the best thing to do. Now all I have to do is learn a ton more in Elements 10 in how to do what you suggested. I am going to have to take a class or three for that program. I'm learning a lot but I know that there is a bunch of simple stuff that I still can't do. (I want to know how to do it.)

i kind of like 1 as it is. as someone stated earlier, the sky really has an apocalyptic feel to it. to me the empty cars/foreground is secondary and is just there to play into the theme of the sky (and hence should be left kind of dull an drab). in 2 the foreground elements are a little too much and gives away the overcooking a lot more.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back