What's new

Earth Flow

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Aug 15, 2006
Messages
10,417
Reaction score
9
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
780-c3799w.jpg
 
Love it! The texture is great. Thanks for sharing.
 
Thanks astrostu and MissMia.

Looking at it online I can see it'd probably benefit from burning some separation between the hills and ridges.
 
The first thing I thought of was the rover we have on Mars right now.

Great stuff, as always.

I am so glad you changed your avatar. That weird, creepy shot of Captain Kangaroo was freaking me out. For some reason, I kept thinking of John Wayne Gacey......

Hey, is it true what they say about Ginger Baker- that he was such a speed freak that they literally had to strap the drumsticks to his hands?
 
The first thing I thought of was the rover we have on Mars right now.

Great stuff, as always.
....

Thanks Rick. I'm thinking about heading out there for sunrise tomorrow. Maybe I can catch NASA setting up.

...
I am so glad you changed your avatar. That weird, creepy shot of Captain Kangaroo was freaking me out. For some reason, I kept thinking of John Wayne Gacey......

Well, it was kind of creeping me out a bit too. I loved that dude. I had the kit and everything. The shoe box with the construction paper, round-pointed scissors, white paste, 8-16 color crayolas. So I started thinking, what if I saw him at the carnival with a camera?-- Or even Mr. Rogers? (I would probably smack alongside the head him anyhow).

...

Hey, is it true what they say about Ginger Baker- that he was such a speed freak that they literally had to strap the drumsticks to his hands?

Back in the olden days when I used to partake of the devil's battery acid, sweat would pour out of me. I've heard the same and wouldn't doubt his hands sweat so bad he couldn't hold the sticks.

http://www.ginger-baker.com/
 
This photo messes with my mind. The lines in the rock aren't horizontal like they should be (duh). Did you do that with PP work, or does it naturally look like that (some seismic activity or something)? It almost has a Lensbaby effect going on... It makes me dizzy!

I like the Ginger Baker photo. My favorite drummer is John Bonham, personally. I'm not the biggest fan of Led Zeppelin (I guess I'm burnt out on them being played so much on the radio), but the drums... oh the drums...
 
This photo messes with my mind. The lines in the rock aren't horizontal like they should be (duh). Did you do that with PP work, or does it naturally look like that (some seismic activity or something)? It almost has a Lensbaby effect going on... It makes me dizzy!
...

Rainbow Basin is insane at best. The land has been scrunched together, torn apart, bent, flipped over, submerged underwater, and everything above done again. It's both a paleontologist's and geologist's dream. There's even some Indian hunting blinds out there to whet the archaeologist's curiosity. Can be pretty challenging for a photographer to sort out too. I think of it as the 'belly-button' of the Mojave, where it all comes together. Very wild.

...
I like the Ginger Baker photo. My favorite drummer is John Bonham, personally. I'm not the biggest fan of Led Zeppelin (I guess I'm burnt out on them being played so much on the radio), but the drums... oh the drums...

:) I very rarely listen to the radio anymore. That's the good part about listening to these guys when they first started performing. Their music has incorporated itself into my head, permanently. Bonham, hm. Maybe he's my next avatar?

And thanks for commenting. I appreciate that.
 
I like it! By the way hows the quitting smoking business coming?

Thanks.

Today is day 84 without a cigarette (I did sneak one about two weeks ago, but I got sick from it- I'm out of the game). Not only have I turned into a super-prick (and not entirely comfortable with it), I still want a smoke. In some ways this is worse than puberty. & thanks for asking :)
 
breathless...........

Thanks.

I was hoping to make it out again with at least one of my grandkids this summer. Apparently the older they get, the more common sense they develop. Shoot.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom