Eastern Blue Bird

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Winter and circumstances are making me dig deep for shots. This is a shot of a little eastern blue bird from Jan. of '21. It was a bright, sunny, winters day, and back when I didn't control the whites with the camera.

11142112 Eastern Blue Bird 4.jpg

Hi
Being less than a novice in nature photos, I like the contrast of colors and the posture of the bird.
I hope my grammar is understood.

I hope you don't mind dumb questions, but how are you controlling the whites in camera now? I'm using spot metering, but it can be a little drastic sometimes. What is your method? Whatever it is, your images are beautiful!

Hi
Being less than a novice in nature photos, I like the contrast of colors and the posture of the bird.
I hope my grammar is understood.
Your grammar is just fine, you have nothing to worry about and thank you for the kind comment.

I hope you don't mind dumb questions, but how are you controlling the whites in camera now? I'm using spot metering, but it can be a little drastic sometimes. What is your method? Whatever it is, your images are beautiful!
I don't mind at all, I'm happy to help anyone if I can. I use evaluative metering and exposure compensation. If you're not familiar with exp. comp. I would suggest learning how to use it, it's very import when the light is either too dim or too bright, it's a must when shooting white birds if you want any detail in the feathers. I should add, the camera is just the start to producing a good picture, good skills with editing are the latter half. I use Topaz 2. And, thank you very much, Mitch!

Beautiful bird and shot.....
Thank you, Jeff.

Wonderful shot!
Thank you, Jeff.

Nice shot Kirk and a lovely little bird too

Les :)

I use the Highlight metering mode to avoid blown whites - spot metering by definition is just the spot in frame or the subject focused on, also a fast shutter speed and a 2/3rd stop of plus exposure compensation helps, for me at any rate and I always shoot in RAW and Manual - gives me more control

UvLrodj.jpg

Exposure compensation dial on modern Sony camera's is placed on top for ease of access - a major plus for me as opposed to searching menus

whF6Hcc.jpg

Les :)

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back