What's new

Eastern Sierra Landscape shots

Restomage

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
517
Reaction score
25
Location
Fort Collins, CO
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm a noob when it comes to landscape photography, so any C&C would be greatly appreciated!

I headed up to the Eastern Sierra this past week to do some fishing and photography. Let me know what you think!

1
5376786294_56851eb4e3_b.jpg


2
5376791672_458e32fc9a_b.jpg


3
5376201047_741f935bb7_b.jpg


4
5376815690_25c2a4930a_b.jpg


5
5376223581_e36194e0db_b.jpg


6
5376232917_35221d1aa4_b.jpg


Full set can be viewed here: Eastern Sierra Jan 2011 - a set on Flickr
 
#1: if details were available in the front side of hut, that would strengthen this shot more

#2: Really outstanding and a rare sight

#3: This is very good; but too much of bush on the left corner brings a slight visual imbalance; yet the colours are amazing

#4: Looks like an alien planet; good work

#5: Loved it

#6: Very good pano

Regards :D
 
2, 3, 4, and 5 are really good to me! I agree with Frequency about 3 and the imbalance and i LOVE the lighting off the mountains in 5
 
Thanks for the compliments!
 
Well you can instantly tell you know what you are doing. 1, 3, & 5 really standout as your best to me.

The composition on 1 is perfect, and great choice on b&w. I feel it may be ever so slightly under exposed. I think a tweak in the curves, making the highlights more pronounced, could make it a contest winner.

The colors are so vibrant and contrasting in #3. Really makes the photo come alive. Excellence location and composition.

#4 is a little underexposed.

#5 is brilliant. The colors compliment each other so well, it all just comes together beautifully. Well done.
 
I would love to see the black and white in color. Makes me want to get out of Alaska to get some shots.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom