Ebay? Really?

Terry Leach

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was scanning through ebay this afternoon and discovered some photographers selling their photos there. Maybe I don't get on ebay near enough; never noticed this before. Has any one ever tried this? How efficient could this be? To me it just seems that it wouldn't be a very feasible means of sales. Am I wrong?

I've sold some of mine there. Mostly just by listing them there, but not selling via ebay. I just provide a link to my site.

It works! And if nothing else it's a great plug for SEO and analytics. You can buy and sell anything on Ebay these days!

Craigslist??? What about that? ebay you can list almost anything, including services, not sure about amazon.

It works! And if nothing else it's a great plug for SEO and analytics. You can buy and sell anything on Ebay these days!

Are you all talking about people actually selling their photos on ebay...or a link to their site? Can you provide a link? I'm an ebay queen, used to be a powerseller, I will look myself as well.

Does this mean selling the rights to the photos, or sort of a stock thing?

SEO = Search Engine Optimization. It's how you get Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc. to find your site and list it in searches.

SEO = Search Engine Optimization. It's how you get Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc. to find your site and list it in searches.

Ohhhh wow. Tricky! Thanks, haha.

Not tricky. It's highly desired. If your site never comes up on a search, you'll never get any visitors.

Try it: Google "Iowa Panoramics" and see what comes up.

I've sold gallery wrap prints on Ebay and Craigslist. If you have something unique it can lead to a sale... and at worst you've only wasted a few minutes posting up the sale.

Most reactions

Back