eBayers, may i borrow you for one moment, please?

carlita

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
i was looking through the listings of medium format cameras a few minutes ago and came across this auction. look at the shipping information real quick.

:shock: :scratch: can that possibly be right?? i'm not even thinking about bidding on this so that's not why i'm asking... i just wondered if that was unusual (cause it sure seems like it to me!) or what. for a second i thought maybe they were trying to rope people into paying a whole lot if they maybe didn't bother to check out the shipping info before bidding, but there's also a reserve price on the auction, which i imagine is pretty hefty in and of itself, not that i know that for sure.

so what gives? i've never seen shipping insurance for anywhere near that much before. am i just being naive or something?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
depends on what the reserve price is ... i wouldnt buy it ... i would think its a scam :shock:

I think they probably just typed it in wrong. I think they are trying to say that you are required to insure it for $650, but not that the insurance will cost $650. I think the seller is very green (only 6 feedbacks) and didn't know how to fill it out right.

Carlita, if you have questions about an item (or shipping and insurance!) most ebay sellers will answer questions if they really want to sell the item. It's a lot easier to email them beforehand than to end up paying way too much for something afterwards.

Cheers
Jewel

This camera, if it's in pretty good shape, is worth about $650, so I bet they meant what ever it costs to insure it for $650.

Jewel said:
Carlita, if you have questions about an item (or shipping and insurance!) most ebay sellers will answer questions if they really want to sell the item. It's a lot easier to email them beforehand than to end up paying way too much for something afterwards.

Cheers
Jewel

oh, i know. i did that tonight for an item i've got my eye on actually. but like i said, this one i linked to wasn't one i was interested in anyway, i just noticed the insurance price and wondered about it is all. :p

carlita said:
i was looking through the listings of medium format cameras a few minutes ago and came across this auction. look at the shipping information real quick.

:shock: :scratch: can that possibly be right?? i'm not even thinking about bidding on this so that's not why i'm asking... i just wondered if that was unusual (cause it sure seems like it to me!) or what. for a second i thought maybe they were trying to rope people into paying a whole lot if they maybe didn't bother to check out the shipping info before bidding, but there's also a reserve price on the auction, which i imagine is pretty hefty in and of itself, not that i know that for sure.

so what gives? i've never seen shipping insurance for anywhere near that much before. am i just being naive or something?

I'm pretty sure it refers to the actual insurance value of the camera. I've seen this type of advertising on E-bay before.

The Rollie has a Heidosmat lens, one of the rarer ones, and one of the more desirable ones as well. That's why the $$$$$

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
yeah. im sure that's a typo.. :D however, it is funny :)

and where is Australasia??

Most reactions

Back