Eco-Friendly Printing?

Cinka

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I already use eco-friendly, recycled paper, for printing my brochures and business cards and office paper...but have been looking for a photo printer that uses recycled paper. Does anyone know of good printers (for photo prints 5x7s, 8x10's etc) who do this?

If you find high quality recycled photo papers let me know.

What have your Internet searches found so far? Mine have only found for crap recycled photo paper.

Last edited:
Use bamboo paper. Bamboo is a renewable resource. It has a warm tone to it (not stark white) and makes beautiful color and b&w photos. Hahnemuhle makes some and that's what I've used in my Epson.

Use bamboo paper. Bamboo is a renewable resource. It has a warm tone to it (not stark white) and makes beautiful color and b&w photos. Hahnemuhle makes some and that's what I've used in my Epson.
Trees are also a renewable resource. :thumbup:

:lol: :lmao:
2funny.gif

But not to the tree huggers. Who ever heard of a poem that goes something like,

Under a spreading bamboo stalk
The village smithy stands;
The smith, a mighty man is he,
With large and sinewy hands;
And the muscles of his brawny arms
Are strong as iron bands.

There were 6,290,000 google his for poems about trees. There were only 1,050,000 for poems about bamboo.

Yes, I believe that, but the tree-huggers don't! It is true that bamboo is renewable a lot faster than trees are, though. I personally like bamboo wood 'cause of the color and characteristics of it. Paper from bamboo is neat, but it is definitely not my first choice for printing (I prefer white lustre paper). The environmentalists may buy more photos if given a so-called "earth friendly" option, plus the color of the paper does work well for certain photographs.

I've never heard of bamboo paper before! Thanks for the tip I'll definitely have to check it out.

No problem. It is a nice paper and clients will like the shade, look, and feel of it for full color, b&w with low-opacity color, and b&w prints.

It isn't 100% bamboo, BTW. It is mixed with cotton. But it is called bamboo paper.

They make lots of stuff out of bamboo these days. My bed sheets are bamboo. They make bamboo towels (which I want to get, as bamboo has some natural antibacterial qualities to it). Of course there is bamboo flooring. And other stuff.

Most reactions

Back