Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just a few shot of Edinburg at night

Edinburg Castle Main Gate

DSC_0342.jpg

Royal Mile at the Witchery (red)

DSC_0338.jpg

Hallway in a Dungeon (this is actually how the camera read what very little light there was)

DSC_0051-1.jpg

Comments welcome

Thanks

Chris

Some decent shots. I didn't get a lot of nightime shots when we were there last June but I did get a couple of decent ones. I did get a couple of pretty nice shots of the castle. Beautiful country and I'd love to figure out a way to get a job over there and move.

How was the weather in June? I was there for Business in February and actually had 4 days of complete sunshine. I want to take the family back this summer.

Well, as with most of the UK the rain is always somewhat of an issue. We got lucky - the only day the rain really set in was our last day when we were in Glasgow. We had a couple of sprinkles on one or two other days but they were brief and nothing that kept us for going walking. Temperature wise it was in the mid to upper 60's (deg F, of course) most days. It was absolutely gorgeous and you have longer days and short nights. I woke up several times at around 4 a.m. thinking we had slept in late because it was light out! June was a good time because I think we missed the really heavy tourism traffic though there was still quite a bit. We didn't make it all the way to the top so I can't comment on weather in the extreme north. We got a bit above Inverness. I wanted to get to Orkney but we just ran out of time and we were there for 11 days. I doubt you're going to be wanting to hit the beach to swim in June - at least I wouldn't have wanted to - guess it depends on your fortitude. We're headed to Ireland this June for a few days longer. Good luck if you decide to take your family.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back