What's new

Edited to make it less lurid

The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Joined
Dec 11, 2006
Messages
18,743
Reaction score
8,049
Location
Mid-Atlantic US
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sweeping the Pagoda

p241610574-5.jpg
 
pretty. sure that isn't a mop?
 
:scratch: Lurid in what way? Was the tile a different color here?

It's a beautiful photo, and seems very serene. No hints at anything lurid here. :)
 
I really like this; it seems very simple and serene, and yet, there is a LOT to look at in this picture.

I also have a question that has no bearing on the photo: Do you know why there are Xs on all the windows? Or most of them anyway; it looks like maybe there are a few columns that aren't X'ed. Just wondered if it was some mundane thing like marking which ones to replace or if there was something more interesting to it.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #9
:scratch: Lurid in what way? Was the tile a different color here?

It's a beautiful photo, and seems very serene. No hints at anything lurid here. :)

This was from a time when I thought the saturation slider should go to (at least) 11. :D


Oh Lew, that's just a beautiful shot.

Thanks.
It was in a strange place and, if I have time, I'll post some other shots and tell the story.

pretty. sure that isn't a mop?

I'm certain it's a broom.
Very loose, floppy fibers, no wet spots, no buckets and sweeping is a kind of meditation.


Very nice colors

thanks
oh okay, the foreground was real shiny and i thought i saw some hazy spots where it could be water drying. i wasn't sure if that part of the floor was wet.
Real nice photo lew.

I don't remember ever seeing anyone 'mop' floors.
This is a dry dry area and it was long past wet season and the main problem is the constant dust.
This is a link to 'Zen and the Art of Sweeping' that explains the issue of sweeping as meditation and shows the kind of broom typically used.
 
I love it Lew! Nicely composed.

Jake
 
Very, very nice Lew. Perfect exposure control
 
I really like this; it seems very simple and serene, and yet, there is a LOT to look at in this picture.

I also have a question that has no bearing on the photo: Do you know why there are Xs on all the windows? Or most of them anyway; it looks like maybe there are a few columns that aren't X'ed. Just wondered if it was some mundane thing like marking which ones to replace or if there was something more interesting to it.

Very Nice!

I love it Lew! Nicely composed.

Jake

Very, very nice Lew. Perfect exposure control

THanks all.
I have no idea about the Xs.
There was no one there at that temple with any English except for a couple of visiting astrologers who were there from several hundred miles away for a specific holiday.

p170974962-5.jpg


And my son exercising his few words of Burmese

p643781843-5.jpg


And a more decorative corner

p648532502-5.jpg




This was a scout of some sort we met out front.

p968534485-5.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom