Editing all images from shoot

GMulligan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I would like to know how others handle post processing of photos from shoots...do you tend to apply the same look/presets/etc to all of the pics to get the same feel for the entire shoot or do you mix it up - other than throw in a few b&w? I am not sure how I feel about having a "mixture" of looks...any opinion is appreciated!

I edit each image based on the image itself... not as part of a 'set'. Only if I were doing something like a triptych would I try to make the images look the same.

Its a balance of all the above.

I use lightroom to see all of the shots in a shoot. Yes, there are sometimes a series of shots that are thematic... and Yes...I do try to keep that visual theme in all the images in the run...that adds continuity and consistency for me. But... I never fail to pull the best shots out of the series...and bring them into Photoshop for some specific enhancing to really make them pop.

To first pull them into Photoshop in isolation of the entire series... seems to create a disjointed look for me. So I do process all 30+ images generally the same... to keep their character and theme look first...then I go into Photoshop. This approach keeps me from making isolated judgement mistakes. This works for me...your mileage may vary.

Ray

It really depends on the shoot, what it's for, where it's going. Are you taking a hike in the mountains? Shoot a lookbook for an apparel company? Or doing table top shooting of 800 products for the Wal Mart ad in the Sunday newspaper?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back