Editing green in Lightroom

stefanolomby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I need help...

So I live in a region with a lot of trees and green area this means most of my photography has a lot of green in it. Personally, I dislike green in pictures especially when there is an overload of it. I would like to make all my forest pictures into some nice shots. I am aiming more toward a dark moody look on them but I am not very good at trying to do that in Lightroom. I have tried moody photos in the past and can't get them to look good.

Can you guys help me? I can post pictures if you guys want to try and edit my pictures... I am looking for making them into a dark moody edit

If you don't like green, just desaturate the green to grey and leave the other colours alone.

Sent from my A1-840 using Tapatalk

Adjustment brushes are your friends

the issue with desaturating the greens is that green is like the only colour in most of the photos. Have you guys ever done a moody edit? if so, can you guys explain the adjustments you guys made?

Why not post an image and describe how you want to change it exactly, using more than "moody" as that could mean different things to different people

the issue with desaturating the greens is that green is like the only colour in most of the photos. Have you guys ever done a moody edit? if so, can you guys explain the adjustments you guys made?
Green in grass and tree leaves has red and blue in it as well as just green. Desaturating the green will leave the red and blue components as they are. It will not leave the leaves grey.

Sent from my A1-840 using Tapatalk

Sorry guys I was a bit busy... I created a folder in dropbox with the link below. These photos were not meant to be posted as my photography, these were just randomly taken walking through a forest path. These are the only photos I found that are full of GREEN and I'm looking for a way to edit them nicely and reduce some green. Im aiming for a modern moody edit. Have a shot at it guys and they are RAW files.

Dropbox - Forest Green

I want my greens and my edits to come out 'something' like this. This is the new editing style on Instagram now "dark moody" and I can't seem to get close to that. Picture below by Dylan Furst a great photographer.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 11.03.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 11.03.50 AM.png
    230.9 KB · Views: 595
Last edited:
Do a Google search for "Lightroom presets, instagram dark and moody" you'll get a lot of hits. They all work pretty much the same by enhancing the detail in the shadow and muting the color and highlights. Remember with all presets, they are "starting points" and will still likely require some manipulation for your particular image. Is this what you had in mind?
DSC_0105.jpg

Here is my take:

Edit for stefanolomby-1 by wee_pete, on Flickr

A bit more contrasty but just played with the highlights and shadows, added a strong vingette, dodged the higlights, burned quite a bit down boosted clarity and contrast and desaturated in the HSL panel, then adjusted the white balance to be very cool, split toned green/blue.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back