Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The wife of a recently deceased good friend of mine, called me and asked if I could "edit" a picture for her and turn it into something large enough for a print. It's a <300x300 pixel, 29Kb cell-phone snap of their first date and as such, has great sentimental value. Unfortunately, this is NOT an area in which I am terribly skilled, and I've not invested in software such as Perfect Resize or similar which might make do-able.

If anyone thinks they can help with this and turn it into something at least decent enough to get a 4x6 print out of, I'd really appreciate it. For reasons which don't matter, I'll not post the image, but if you think you can help, and are willing to take a stab at it, PM me an e-mail address and I'll send it to you.

I realize it's a tall order, but as Roger was a good friend, I'd like to do what I can for his widow.

Thanks!

I'm sorry to hear this and wish I could help, I also do not have access to any special software like that.

Best of luck.

I don't know if they've changed things recently, but if not you could always download a demo of perfect resize and use it for this image. It's very easy to use and unless they've changed things recently it doesn't leave a watermark. ;)

Sorry to hear about your friend.

I'm not really up to date on the software, but I'd suggest giving it a try with Photoshop. From what I've heard, the gap between Photoshop and what used to be Genuine Fractals, is much smaller than it was 10 years ago.

When enlarging an image, I believe the best option is 'bicubic smoother'. The image may then need some sharpening.

Thanks all! I am working on it myself, but as I said, this is NOT an area in which I have a lot of expertise.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back