What's new

Editing help

Why'd you cut off her boob? The crop bothers me more than the shadows. You don't show the femme aspects of the womans body, you dont show her eyes, there is no connection with this photo for the viewer at all.
I assume you assume all the viewers of the photo are men? Those issues you mention kind of bother me too, but we might not be the intended audience for the image. A woman shooting a woman, and the key aspect of the photo is the hair – it shouldn't surprise any man who knows a thing or two about what's important to women :)
 
Pallycow said:
I must be confused. In that above edit, that you said helps you, I don't see any shadows removed. Am I missing something? I see some saturation, most likely a by-product of adjusting levels. Maybe an S curve tossed in. Don't see much else having been done.

The main shadow I wanted removed is the one above her boob. it's not gone, but it minimized it a little.
 
Pallycow said:
Even with the shadows, she'll probly like it. If she's your friend, not a paid client, I would not worry about it.

Many of us like to help edit here, but it's a case of teach a man to fish sort of thing, not "fix my photo I have to turn in tomorrow".

Why'd you cut off her boob? The crop bothers me more than the shadows. You don't show the femme aspects of the womans body, you dont show her eyes, there is no connection with this photo for the viewer at all.

She showed me a picture and wanted the same pose done.. I went with it
 
Why'd you cut off her boob? The crop bothers me more than the shadows. You don't show the femme aspects of the womans body, you dont show her eyes, there is no connection with this photo for the viewer at all.
I assume you assume all the viewers of the photo are men? Those issues you mention kind of bother me too, but we might not be the intended audience for the image. A woman shooting a woman, and the key aspect of the photo is the hair – it shouldn't surprise any man who knows a thing or two about what's important to women :)


You assume incorrectly. Many women seeing the beauty of a womans body. It reminds them of maybe what they want to be...used to be...or are. ;-) Women find women just as sexy as men do.

Now if the point of the shoot was to showcase the hair, it's a different story. However, having said that, whether you're a man or a woman, a cut off boob draws the viewer off the subject and leads them to wonder why a boob is cut in half. ;-)
 
Pallycow said:
Even with the shadows, she'll probly like it. If she's your friend, not a paid client, I would not worry about it.

Many of us like to help edit here, but it's a case of teach a man to fish sort of thing, not "fix my photo I have to turn in tomorrow".

Why'd you cut off her boob? The crop bothers me more than the shadows. You don't show the femme aspects of the womans body, you dont show her eyes, there is no connection with this photo for the viewer at all.

She showed me a picture and wanted the same pose done.. I went with it

I hear ya...I hate it when they do that. I try to talk them into something else, and when framing it up, I frame it up like I want first, then like they want, and later show my version and 9 out of 10 times...they like it better.
 
Pallycow said:
I must be confused. In that above edit, that you said helps you, I don't see any shadows removed. Am I missing something? I see some saturation, most likely a by-product of adjusting levels. Maybe an S curve tossed in. Don't see much else having been done.

The main shadow I wanted removed is the one above her boob. it's not gone, but it minimized it a little.


easy fix bro, just copy layer, dodge it out to the extreme, then set opacity down to match. might need some healing or 10% cloning swipes after to blend it in. Try that out.

many many ways to do it..that's just a quick way.
 
invisible said:
I assume you assume all the viewers of the photo are men? Those issues you mention kind of bother me too, but we might not be the intended audience for the image. A woman shooting a woman, and the key aspect of the photo is the hair – it shouldn't surprise any man who knows a thing or two about what's important to women :)

Actually, I swing both ways.... So..... I have a man/woman mind!
 
actually I changed my mind...I didn't like that method earlier I posted.

Instead I made a dup layer, freehanded a selection near the shadow....created a new layer off that selection, moved it over the shadow area, masked back in the bra and edges...burned the edge of bra a bit to try to add a tiny shadow line....and blended with healing brush any spot that looked odd. Slight levels adjust and curves adjust and left it.

To me, the shadow being removed makes it look odd. There would naturally be a shadow there since your lighting is how it is...so if you remove that one shadow...it does not match the shadows around the rest of the images so it looks fake...to me.

but if that's what you really want...here ya go.

Could probly burn in a bit more shadow area right at the edge of the bra line there to keep some sort of darker area/shadow...but I didn't wanna spend that much time on it.



$067-1.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom