editing or not

Like that quote, TanBrae and I am still laughing at Smoke665's unedited RAW!

But, Just found thread under "General Gallery": 'Pics from Agfa Shur Flash' a camera from 1938! Worth a look at phots taken with that camera recently.

Photography and Editing go together as it should do.

...Alan K, Does anyone still do slides? I have shelves full of them and my Dad had thousands more! Yet, a Kodak film SOOC and a Aga Film SOOC slides of the same subject taken at the same time would have a different interpretation of the blue color of the sky. Experts today describe the same differences of color when describing differences between Nikon and Canon cameras.
My point??? There is no right or wrong way for how the artist gets to his/her final result. I am reminded of the artists who died penniless while today their works sell for millions, or composers whose works were first scorned, but who symphonic orchestras now perform to standing ovations to the same music.
I plan on coming back after I die to collect on all my pictures people ignored while I was living. :)

Regarding slides, I scanned all of them and made slide shows that I dump on data memory cards that I can show on my smart TV, or monitor, or download to YouTube like this.

It's dark, flat, and green. It's green not only because of the trees and grass but because the camera sensor has twice as many green pixels as it does red or blue ones. Clearly folks wouldn't be happy with unedited photos from their cameras.
Gamma and color balance has always been a post-exposure function, this is nothing new. Just as with a silver negative or slide a raw file isn't an image until it's processed and displayed in a certain way. As you are aware, this is the entire point of the zone system.

the difference with slide film over SOOC digital is just that you’re relying on the judgement of a chemical engineer rather than a software engineer.

If you like to do straight out of the camera SOOC pictures, just shoot slide film and project the slides.

I say Sensia, you say Velvia.... let's call the whole SOOC myth off.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back