Editing Tablets? Who uses them?

Geaux

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sup guys, got some money for a birthday that just passed (Jan7) and have been researching some tablets like the Bamboo. I know the learning curve is rather steep, but who uses them here? and Are they that much easier in photo editing to use, than a mouse?

It's gotta be 100 and below also, no 400 dollar tablet suggestions haha. I'm also debating on getting another flash(yn460II) + stand + triggers also. Just not sure if I should jump into 2 flash setup yet, while I'm still learning one. lol.

I have one, and never really touched it. Well, I should say I bought one for the wife and she never touched it, despite I played with it doing little stick figures. It was pretty rough to get use to it, but it was pretty smooth. I might pull it out and try it out again and let ya know later on today, unless someone else have a comment.

If ya don't like it, I'll take it ;) lol

I like using them. I find them better than just using a mouse for all PC use. I've had a Wacom one which was A5 size and a bigger, Trust one. I don't use one at the moment but i would recommend getting one.

Last edited:
There might be a learning curve to take full advantage of it, but I found it extremely easy to start using mine (Wacom Intuos4 medium, for the record). Even if just using it as a mouse replacement, the degree of control attained by using the tablet's pen is incredibly higher than by using a mouse.

I keep a mouse on the right side of my keyboard and a tablet on the left side. I switch back and forth to avoid repetitive stress injury to my hands. For photo editing the extra features of the tablet, like pressure sensitivity, don't really amount to much, but the tablet is easy enough to use.

You just reminded me - I used to use one in combination with a trackball mouse. :thumbup:

I keep a mouse on the right side of my keyboard and a tablet on the left side. I switch back and forth to avoid repetitive stress injury to my hands. For photo editing the extra features of the tablet, like pressure sensitivity, don't really amount to much, but the tablet is easy enough to use.

I use a tablet for many things in Photoshop, but I still use a mouse for general computing and many of the simple things in Photoshop or Lightroom (menus, sliders etc.)

Hmm, so it doesn't seem like I can totally get rid of the mouse for editing purposes. Not sure if it's worth the 100 now lol.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
For me the Bamboo is to small.

I use a Wacom Intuos 4 Medium for almost all of my web surfing and image editing.

Hmm, so it doesn't seem like I can totally get rid of the mouse for editing purposes. Not sure if it's worth the 100 now lol.
I know a few photographers/graphic artists who only use a tablet...it just takes some getting used to.

Plus, my tablet came with it's own mouse (besides the pen)...so you could still use the tablet and then choose between pen & mouse.

Either way, if you are going to use a tablet, size does matter. I only have a small one, which is one reason I don't use it for everything. But having a larger tablet can really make it easier on you.

Most reactions

Back