Editing techniques or resources?

manicmike

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm not really an aspiring pro, but if I was, editing would be one of the biggest things I need work on. My biggest problem with portraits is the editing side. I can do editing on my non-portrait shots and make them look pretty good, but portraits just need some PP work. I'm curious what your typical editing process is, or what a good resource for portrait editing techniques would be. Any help on this is appreciated.

KelbyTraining.com, CreativeLive. Most of your work should be done in camera. You can't fix lighting, pose or expression in Photoshop, and there's no Un-Suck filter. Photoshop is for enhancement. There are endless ways to edit but I suggest keeping it simple.

KelbyTraining.com, CreativeLive. Most of your work should be done in camera. You can't fix lighting, pose or expression in Photoshop, and there's no Un-Suck filter. Photoshop is for enhancement. There are endless ways to edit but I suggest keeping it simple.
+1

they gave you some resources, I'll give you what my editing involves, among the other endless ways:
For zits, scares or similar, it's the clone stamp tool with soft edges. And that is if that person would like to get rid of the imperfection.
For bags under eyes, wrinkles and similar it's the clone stamp tool in lighten mode.
For the even skin tone, the eyes and pretty much everything else it's the curves.
You tube is a free recourse.
You can always ask a specific question.
And keep in mind what hirejn told you :)

Most reactions

Back