Editing

redessa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I think a lot of my pictures are kind of washed out looking so today I set out to study some new editing techniques. I started off this morning looking at some lomo stuff and tinkering with it. It wasn't quite the look I was going for. Then I came across digital cross processing. I'd heard of it before but that's about as far as my knowledge of that went. Anyway, I'm having a blast and want to share with people who will actually understand. :) You can C&C if you want.

This is just a candid picture of my husband taken a few months ago.

Before:

IMG_7571

After:

IMG_7571-2 by redessa, on Flickr

I think a lot of my pictures are kind of washed out looking so today I set out to study some new editing techniques.
That's the wrong approach in my opinion. I highly recommend you work on using light better and getting it closer to right in the camera.

His chin is to low, such that the frame of his glasses in interferring with his eyes.

The very slight head tilt to the lower shoulder and the fingertip on the lip are feminine elements that weaken the photo.

Learn to do levels and color adjustments using the histogram and the eyedroppers. It is very easy once you get it down and that will make your photos pop, at least to their potential.

This is the magic folks....the heart of pop and good color....again they can only perform to the potential of the photo you took.

Oh it wasn't a posed photo. If it were, then yes, I would have had him push his glasses up and move his hand and all that. Like I said, this was a candid. It was never intended to be edited or cropped, it's just the one I happened to grab to practice on and I was kind of happy about finding a new editing technique.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back