What's new

Egg Study 2

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is the second shot of my egg study focusing on experimenting with lighting.

I'm pretty happy with this one, I'm trying to get away from my bad habit of overusing the clarity and soften up my images a bit and I feel I achieved that here.

My setup was reflector camera left, continuous light camera right and another at the bottom. I think if I redo this I will try to brighten the top left perhaps by flashing through my reflector on that side.

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!

 
The bottom third doesn't add anything for me. I think this would work much better with a square crop (take a little off the top too), or at least 4:5.
 
I like this much more than the first one.
I might have cropped off the bottom 1/4 of what you posted though. The composition doesn't feel balanced to me.
Nice idea PR.
 
You surprise me. I though you are a landscaper. :D
 
Hey T :) Ha! I'm not nearly as discerning, put something in front of me for long enough and I'm pretty much going to shoot it lol

Josh and Sleist, thanks guys, I see where you are going with it and I like the balance better, it takes the draw to that bottom left corner from the brightness away, thanks!!
 
I really like the relationship between the fragility of the egg and the softness of the feather. The shadows of the feather on the egg are also a nice, delicate touch. I agree you could clip just a tad off the bottom, but not too much.
 
Thanks Jenko :)

Here is the crop, I think it makes it more "intimate" perhaps... great suggestion all!

 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom