What's new

El-en15 chineese batteries?

zamanakhan

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 2, 2010
Messages
473
Reaction score
29
any clones of the batteries out yet? i dont know about everyone one else but i cant exactly spend $80 for an el-en15 for d7000. I have used clone batteries on my d5000 before and they held about 8/10th-9/10th hte same charge as the official nikon batteries. Has any manufacturer started cloning batteries yet?
 
I just bought genuine EN-EL15 batteries from Beach Camera for about $48...no shipping, no tax. I don't like messing with the electronics. I am not going to risk, whether a real risk or a perceived risk, a $1,200 camera to save $15 on a battery.
 
many of us use this product and are very happy. It will hold 6 rechargeables too. http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...3257-d7000-aficionados-mb-d11-knock-offs.html


i had a battery grip with my d5000, i was really excited to get it at first but i found it virtually useless... you loose soooo many of the controls when in portrait mode, not to mention the fact that u add so much more heft. I think the cons outweigh the pro's too much to get a grip. i've looked into the battery grip and i dont think its for me. Although i am curious as to how long 6 AA's last with the grip?

I've never had any problems with knockoff batteries. But i'll look into beach camera for an extra.
 
Amazon also has them for around 50.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom