New EN-EL 15 batteries giving issues

timbo59

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just ordered in a couple of genuine EN-EL 15 batteries to supplement the one that came with my D7000, and I'm having issues with them. Neither will fully charge to a point where the blinking light will cease, when placed in the camera they only show about an 80% charge, and even while looking at the screen to check out the percentage figure you can see the charge gradually dropping away point by point, so it seems the batteries aren't even holding much of a charge.

Am I missing something here, or did I just get a couple of duds? The one that came with the camera charges without any issues at all.

where did you order from. Possibly they're not OEM. There are some great and cheap aftermarket batteries but there are a whole bunch of bad ones.

I'll be finding out soon. I ordered one that was shipped from Japan for $20. Nikon box and enclosed literature, but I'm also a strong believer that "you get nothing for nothing". Half price seems a little too good to be true even with the 3 week wait. We'll see.

Ordered from Japan myself. But genuine Nikon batteries, not copies. I've gone the same route before for my other camera and never had issues. So these are lemons, right, it's not something I've missed? I went over the literature to see if there's anything different to these over the other ones I've used in the past but the charging process is just the same. I even double-checked the charging unit by running down the original battery and slotting it in, and it recharged perfectly.

Other thing that's odd is that I put one of the batteries in the camera last night while checking all this out and it only showed 80% - when I turned on the camera this morning it showed 88%!

Last edited:
Other thing that's odd is that I put one of the batteries in the camera last night while checking all this out and it only showed 80% - when I turned on the camera this morning it showed 88%!

That reminds me of a car we used to have. I'd have to siphon off a few gallons of gasoline every week. Darn good car.

I'd leave it sit another 12% :biglaugh:

Side note, the Wasabi brand aftermarket seem to hold up better than the OEM.

With any luck it will hit 100% and stay there permanently! Maybe i could hook it up to my wife's hybrid?

Contacted the seller, and he said he'll send me a couple of replacements. Did my due diligence and checked before buying - a ton of people have bought the batteries from this seller and been happy with the end product. Maybe I just hit a bad batch.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back