Electric Bicycle

Bynx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I wish summer lasted 12 months. This is 3 shot HDR with Photomatix 4. and then put through Topaz Adjust.

2wlszgy.jpg

The bike is kind of a boring subject. Also, IMO, I'm not really all about the "cartoon" look of it.

The bike is kind of a boring subject. Also, IMO, I'm not really all about the "cartoon" look of it.

Lucky for you there are lots of posts and threads. Im sure something will turn your crank.

By the way, its not an ordinary bike if you had looked closely.

Lucky for you there are lots of posts and threads. Im sure something will turn your crank.

By the way, its not an ordinary bike if you had looked closely.

No need to get offended. I didn't say it was a bad shot, I simply stated that it wasn't for me. I guess it's a good thing that you deal well with others' opinions.

Im not offended at all. I would think that a good deal of shots people submit are boring to a lot of people. Subject, composition and the pp done to them would not be their cup of tea. Being a graphic artist who did many a catalogue I look at objects like this as something to illustrate in a favorable way so you might want to buy one. If you were after an electric bike would you be interested after seeing this shot? And in what way is it cartoonish?

Im not offended at all. I would think that a good deal of shots people submit are boring to a lot of people. Subject, composition and the pp done to them would not be their cup of tea. Being a graphic artist who did many a catalogue I look at objects like this as something to illustrate in a favorable way so you might want to buy one. If you were after an electric bike would you be interested after seeing this shot? And in what way is it cartoonish?

Well first off, like you said, everything isn't for everyone. Just b/c I don't care for this image, doesn't mean someone else won't love it. As far as being cartoonish, it isn't too bad. I assume you got what you wanted out of the processing, considering that there aren't any halos or anything. It just isn't for me, maybe because I'm not into bikes? I'm not sure.

All things considered, Im glad you, out of the 94 gawkers, had the ballocks to at least have the courtesy to say something. Thank you.

You're welcome, and again, I apologize if my comments came off as harsh.

Being a graphic artist who did many a catalogue I look at objects like this as something to illustrate in a favorable way so you might want to buy one. If you were after an electric bike would you be interested after seeing this shot? And in what way is it cartoonish?

I guess you'd have to know electric bicycles to know this is one. Aside from the rear hub looking a little more substantial than a normal bike, it looks pretty standard otherwise. In terms of an interesting shot,I'm not sure grey over grey helps it stand out. The foliage is pretty detailed and, imo, a simpler background would help.

Was this an experiment in tone mapping or did you find that the lighting dictated your decision for the combining of 3 exposures? Bring the bike forward a bit into the sun and you might get a more compelling image because the background will darken while exposing for the tones in the subject. Now this is just my opinion, but I think HDR may have defeated the image by putting to much competing details into the shadows.

I wouldn't read too much into the number of views:posts. I have seen many terrific images here with nary a sniff of a comment. If you want to look at the positive side, people may feel unworthy to offer comments. At least thats what I tell myself when my threads don't get any posts.:blushing:

Being a graphic artist who did many a catalogue I look at objects like this as something to illustrate in a favorable way so you might want to buy one. If you were after an electric bike would you be interested after seeing this shot? And in what way is it cartoonish?

I guess you'd have to know electric bicycles to know this is one. Aside from the rear hub looking a little more substantial than a normal bike, it looks pretty standard otherwise. In terms of an interesting shot,I'm not sure grey over grey helps it stand out. The foliage is pretty detailed and, imo, a simpler background would help.

Was this an experiment in tone mapping or did you find that the lighting dictated your decision for the combining of 3 exposures? Bring the bike forward a bit into the sun and you might get a more compelling image because the background will darken while exposing for the tones in the subject. Now this is just my opinion, but I think HDR may have defeated the image by putting to much competing details into the shadows.

I wouldn't read too much into the number of views:posts. I have seen many terrific images here with nary a sniff of a comment. If you want to look at the positive side, people may feel unworthy to offer comments. At least thats what I tell myself when my threads don't get any posts.:blushing:

That's a very positive way of looking at it. I like the way you think dude!

As you can see the bike trail was pretty well covered on each side with trees. There were openings every so often where the sun shone through. The bike was in direct sunlight. Its black and grey and the accessories are also black. Here is the middle shot to see if HDR was useful.

15mbwxs.jpg

As you can see the bike trail was pretty well covered on each side with trees. There were openings every so often where the sun shone through. The bike was in direct sunlight. Its black and grey and the accessories are also black. Here is the middle shot to see if HDR was useful.

For me, the bike stands out much better in this shot. The saddle bags read as black in this pic, which I think they are. There is much less detail on the left side and less speckles coming up from the path now (I didn't really pick up on that the first time, but see it in comparison). You still have the bright foliage on the right, but this shot still works better for me. The bottom line is that I see the bike more in this version. I think if your intention is to really bring out the bike, a shallower DOF would help.

Sorry, I know I'm not following the forum topic of HDR, it's just kind of the way the analysis of the pic flowed.

Oh, I am curious. How do you like this for riding? I'm getting older and find myself wanting to walk steep inclines. I resist the temptation, but I am curious as to how much assist the motor provides.

Thanks for your input oldmacman. I only use mac, Im old, and Im a man. So we have 3 things in common. As for the bike, the motor is either an assist to make pedalling a lot easier, or you can just relax and coast along at 32 kph on the level. When it comes to uphill if you gear down you can ride up anything without huffing and puffing. What I have is a stock bike that has been converted so use the gears like normal.

I only use mac, Im old, and Im a man. So we have 3 things in common. As for the bike, the motor is either an assist to make pedalling a lot easier, or you can just relax and coast along at 32 kph on the level. When it comes to uphill if you gear down you can ride up anything without huffing and puffing. What I have is a stock bike that has been converted so use the gears like normal.

Proximity is pretty close as well... although I'm about an hour from TO.

Thanks for the info on the bike. I'll have to check them out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back